Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
potty training
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

potty training

How do you a potty train a 2 yr old when she wont even sit on the potty????
Blank
1693539_tn?1306932522
I potty trained my daughter without the help of books at 18 months old. She was fully trained by the time she reached two and yes that was threw the night.

Don't force it upon her, make it more of a game for her at frist. In the morning when she is still a littlw drowsey tell her to sit down on the potty with you (your sitting on the adult potty) and tell her she don't have to go potty just to sit and relax and wake up a bit. Do it threw out the day and everyday and sooner than later she will get the hit.

If she don't feel comfortable doing it after a few days she just isn't ready, they say that most kids are not ready until they are almot 4!

Good luck! Oh and a reward chart always works!
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
You wait until she is a little older.

Then, get yourself a good book on potty training at the library, and do what it says.
Blank
1693539_tn?1306932522
I potty trained my daughter without the help of books at 18 months old. She was fully trained by the time she reached two and yes that was threw the night.

Don't force it upon her, make it more of a game for her at frist. In the morning when she is still a littlw drowsey tell her to sit down on the potty with you (your sitting on the adult potty) and tell her she don't have to go potty just to sit and relax and wake up a bit. Do it threw out the day and everyday and sooner than later she will get the hit.

If she don't feel comfortable doing it after a few days she just isn't ready, they say that most kids are not ready until they are almot 4!

Good luck! Oh and a reward chart always works!
Blank
1698437_tn?1309483919
yeah thx so much for that.. I really dont want to force it on her nor make it a traumatizing experience cause my older daughter still wets herself so I really dont wnat it to be like that with my 2 yr old thank you so much
Blank
1693539_tn?1306932522
No problem, My neice was forced and she too still wets the bed. It's a hard task but you can do it! Just stay stong and take it slow.
Blank
1698437_tn?1309483919
my daughter has now started potty training and doing so well she basically does it on her own yaaay
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...