Parenting newborns and infants, up to 1 year User Group
Has anyone tried the Bottle-Sling or the Podee Bottle System
About This Group:

This is a group for those of us who have newborn babies, or infants anywhere from the newborn stage up to a year since there is not a forum specifically targeted for that age group. I think it's very important that people have this forum to share experience and gain advice on the small things involved with newborn/infant care...and this is also a place for new mothers (or fathers!) to speak about the difficulties (or joys) about their new babies, and to get support if you feel like you're struggling with adjustment. Please note::: this forum is NOT a substitute for medical advice. If your newborn has any potential medical problem, seek professional medical help immediately. DO NOT WAIT FOR AN ANSWER ON THIS FORUM. Call your pediatrician or take your child to the nearest ER or Urgent Care Center. Any indications of serious distress, high fevers, excessive vomiting, lethargy, fussiness, lack of appetite, etc are all things that must be evaluated ASAP by a medical professional so please seek help and do not wait..newborns are delicate and time spent waiting could be vital. With that being said...please feel free to ask any and all questions about the day-to-day care involved with newborns and infants, and if you feel as though you're having trouble adjusting please feel free to speak your mind and vent your concerns here and get the support you need. Congratulations on joining our community, I hope that you find the friends and answers you're looking for! I also recommend this group for pregnant women who can hopefully learn some very helpful tips for once their bundle of joy arrives!

Founded by Ashelen on August 17, 2010
84 members

Hi Mommies!!!
I have twin boys who right now take a bottle every 3 hours around the clock, It takes me 1& a half to feed both so i really get an hour and a half til until the next feeding.  & I have to fit in steralizing everything and making formula/bottles in there somewhere....and I have to fit sleep for me in there too.

When both babies want their bottle at the exact same time the crying can be heart renching...you pick up the first one to cry and you feel like you are neglecting the one that is crying.
so now I am successfully propping up the babies to dual feed & I hold each bottle, but when one needs to be burped then i stop feeding pick up the one that needs to be burped and the other baby cries since he is not getting his bottle anymore.
Has anyone tried the bottle-sling. I am thinking I could sit in beween them & monitor both and then be able to burp each at that burping point without just leaving the other brother with no bottle and no soothing/burping.

I would love to hear from any mommy who has used the Bottle-sling or Podee and tell me what you think.Or from anyone who has any good ideas for me.

Thank you in advanced!!!
Renee
I don't have any experience with either one (or with feeding twins for that matter), but just wanted to send out my sympathies. I know it must be hard to never get more than an hour and a half break, especially when caring for twins!!  On the bright side, at least they are eating on the same schedule - I imagine it would be much worse if they were not.  

How old are they now?  Do you mean it takes them an hour and half to actually finish a bottle, or an hour and a half for the entire process?  Are they eating formula or pumped breastmilk?  
with my twin brothers we always used blankets to prop up their bottles when feeding them at the same time. One of my twin brothers had colic and was a really fussy eater and had to be held most of the time or he wouldnt eat, and he'd only eat for my mom and not me or my step dad. So it came in handy being able to put my non fussy brother in the boppy or bouncer and prop up his bottle if my step dad or i werent home to help. The only thing i don't like about the bottle sling is that they have to be in their car seat to feed them, i wonder if it would work in a bouncer that has the play bar on it? Sorry i didnt really have any helpful advice but i would try the blanket trick before buying a wierd device to do it, just to save money if nothing else. Twin boys are definitely an adventure! my brothers are now 10, its hard to remember they were ever that little lol
krichar commented on photo
krichar We made it!! (Well 2 days a... Comment
krichar commented on Moma_Cher's status