Parenting newborns and infants, up to 1 year User Group
She wont eat! Very worried
About This Group:

This is a group for those of us who have newborn babies, or infants anywhere from the newborn stage up to a year since there is not a forum specifically targeted for that age group. I think it's very important that people have this forum to share experience and gain advice on the small things involved with newborn/infant care...and this is also a place for new mothers (or fathers!) to speak about the difficulties (or joys) about their new babies, and to get support if you feel like you're struggling with adjustment. Please note::: this forum is NOT a substitute for medical advice. If your newborn has any potential medical problem, seek professional medical help immediately. DO NOT WAIT FOR AN ANSWER ON THIS FORUM. Call your pediatrician or take your child to the nearest ER or Urgent Care Center. Any indications of serious distress, high fevers, excessive vomiting, lethargy, fussiness, lack of appetite, etc are all things that must be evaluated ASAP by a medical professional so please seek help and do not wait..newborns are delicate and time spent waiting could be vital. With that being said...please feel free to ask any and all questions about the day-to-day care involved with newborns and infants, and if you feel as though you're having trouble adjusting please feel free to speak your mind and vent your concerns here and get the support you need. Congratulations on joining our community, I hope that you find the friends and answers you're looking for! I also recommend this group for pregnant women who can hopefully learn some very helpful tips for once their bundle of joy arrives!

Founded by Ashelen on August 17, 2010
84 members

She wont eat! Very worried

6470210?1292872221
Trinity just turned 11 months TODAY. She was eating really well and we even started her on the Gerber Graduates and some table food. She has always been a really good eater but a week ago she started spitting out meat. Any kind of meat. Now she is starting to spit out veggies, she is only eating fruit and breads and I'm afraid she's not getting the nutrients she needs. Also everytime we would sit down to eat before she would eat really well, and now she really only eats in the morning and the rest of the day if I put fruit or anything in front of her she just picks at it if anything at all. Has anyone else experienced this?
Well, if it was just meats, I wouldn't worry too much. It could be an issue with the texture or the taste. I don't think I'd worry about it yet. Kids go through phases where they eat everything in sight, have a growth spurt, then eat like birds. But, you could call the Dr. if you're worried.
My DS turned 11 months yesterday and he has been going through the same phase the last few days. At least I hope it is a phase. He has been refusing to eat veggies and even yogurt. He has been fine with fruit and puffs/cheerios. He still gets about 26 oz of formula so I'm not too worried that he is not getting enough nutrients. I am going to give it a week and see if it goes away. If not, I will call the doctor and ask for advice.  
Well, I think we may have solved part of the mystery. I took her to the Dr yesterday because she got to where she wouldn't even take her sippy and had dry diapers all day. Turned out she had an ear infection making it painful to swallow. She is eating better today, although she still isn't wanting meats. So maybe that part could just be a phase.
krichar commented on krichar's status
Melissa_71 Crunch time is here. Comment
krichar commented on Shannon79's status
Aug 26