Parenting newborns and infants, up to 1 year User Group
Sleep
About This Group:

This is a group for those of us who have newborn babies, or infants anywhere from the newborn stage up to a year since there is not a forum specifically targeted for that age group. I think it's very important that people have this forum to share experience and gain advice on the small things involved with newborn/infant care...and this is also a place for new mothers (or fathers!) to speak about the difficulties (or joys) about their new babies, and to get support if you feel like you're struggling with adjustment. Please note::: this forum is NOT a substitute for medical advice. If your newborn has any potential medical problem, seek professional medical help immediately. DO NOT WAIT FOR AN ANSWER ON THIS FORUM. Call your pediatrician or take your child to the nearest ER or Urgent Care Center. Any indications of serious distress, high fevers, excessive vomiting, lethargy, fussiness, lack of appetite, etc are all things that must be evaluated ASAP by a medical professional so please seek help and do not wait..newborns are delicate and time spent waiting could be vital. With that being said...please feel free to ask any and all questions about the day-to-day care involved with newborns and infants, and if you feel as though you're having trouble adjusting please feel free to speak your mind and vent your concerns here and get the support you need. Congratulations on joining our community, I hope that you find the friends and answers you're looking for! I also recommend this group for pregnant women who can hopefully learn some very helpful tips for once their bundle of joy arrives!

Founded by Ashelen on August 17, 2010
84 members

Sleep

My baby is 2 and a half weeks old and while I am absolutely in love with him and enjoy every moment, these first few weeks have been harder than I imagined. Breastfeeding has been a big challenge but I am now working with a lactation consultant and things are starting to improve.  He also won"t sleep more than 15 minutes unless I hold him or he is propped in his boppy, which I know is not safe, but I also need to sleep.  I have tried a million things - including swaddling and using the positioners to have him sleep on his side and nothing really works. He is now is 2 and a half weeks old and it is getting a little better.  Has this happened to anyone else and does it get better as they age and their nervous systems mature?  It seems to me that he startles himself when on his back and that wakes him up.  Or does anyone have any tips for helping him sleep on his own and on his back?   Thanks.
1 Comment
have you tried something that vibrates?

also check the environment and make sure it is quiet and not alot of light

just some ideas to try to help
krichar commented on photo
krichar We made it!! (Well 2 days a... Comment
krichar commented on Moma_Cher's status