Parenting newborns and infants, up to 1 year User Group
leaky diapers
About This Group:

This is a group for those of us who have newborn babies, or infants anywhere from the newborn stage up to a year since there is not a forum specifically targeted for that age group. I think it's very important that people have this forum to share experience and gain advice on the small things involved with newborn/infant care...and this is also a place for new mothers (or fathers!) to speak about the difficulties (or joys) about their new babies, and to get support if you feel like you're struggling with adjustment. Please note::: this forum is NOT a substitute for medical advice. If your newborn has any potential medical problem, seek professional medical help immediately. DO NOT WAIT FOR AN ANSWER ON THIS FORUM. Call your pediatrician or take your child to the nearest ER or Urgent Care Center. Any indications of serious distress, high fevers, excessive vomiting, lethargy, fussiness, lack of appetite, etc are all things that must be evaluated ASAP by a medical professional so please seek help and do not wait..newborns are delicate and time spent waiting could be vital. With that being said...please feel free to ask any and all questions about the day-to-day care involved with newborns and infants, and if you feel as though you're having trouble adjusting please feel free to speak your mind and vent your concerns here and get the support you need. Congratulations on joining our community, I hope that you find the friends and answers you're looking for! I also recommend this group for pregnant women who can hopefully learn some very helpful tips for once their bundle of joy arrives!

Founded by Ashelen on August 17, 2010
84 members

leaky diapers

Does anyone have suggestions for cleaning urine off of a couch?  The seventh generation diapers, while environmentally friendly, are not the most fitting or absorbent.  Finn has found a way to leak out of a few of them, and I need a better way to clean my couch.  For now, I am using baking soda and water, but worry it is not enough.
Try one of the cleaning products that are used for pet urine :). There's one called OdoBan that we used when I worked at the vet's office...not sure what it's like on Fabrics, You should be able to get it at any big department store....it's amazing. eliminates odor and bacteria...but I would read the back to check about color-fastness and fabric recommendations :).
Lol, hmm...urine, spit up, throw up..yep.  And a leather couch to boot.

In all honesty, the best thing I have found is I fill a spray bottle with warm water,vinegar and baking soda.  I have tried just about every cleanser out there, and that has worked the best for us.

I need to check out Ashelen's suggestion though...I will look for it here as well.
Im not sure if you can get it where you live but my mother in law swears by this stuff called 'Natures Miracle'.
Also Soraya has found a way to pee out of any and all pampers diapers and little snugglers huggies... However Huggies pure and natural diapers are AWESOME!!!!!
They are very heavy and fill up fast but they are the only diaper that she has not peed through!
We also use Nature's Miracle for our cats. It is very safe, it's made of enzymes, works very well for us.
I agree with Ashelen, odoban is the best thing i'd found for pet stuff and kid stuff, its an antibacterial too and I've used it on furniture and carpets, but i would definitely check it on the like back corner of ur couch where no one can see just to be sure it doesnt effect it badly since ever fabric is different
krichar commented on krichar's status
Melissa_71 Crunch time is here. Comment
Aug 27
krichar commented on Shannon79's status
Aug 26