party time at night
henry is now 7 months and he a week ago started waking up  at night when he wakes to eat. I mean talking and grabing his toes and rolling all over. I tried to bring him to bed with me and nurse and all he does and rool over, bang on his daddy and start yelling "UP" to him. No matter if I keep the light off as always he still is awake for 1-3 hours each time. I just do not get it. Like the say all kids are different! My other 3 never did this but Henry does;)

I rock and rock but nothing! Anyone with similar problems at this age? Or ever and anything you can suggest to help? I will try anything except letting him stay n his bed alone awake or cry it out method. He never crys when he wakes as I have always gottne him and I like it to stay that way, he knows he does nto have to cry, mommy will come. Also I do not mind him playing in his bed in the day when I am awake but he did get his leg caught in the railing once and had a red mark and squalled so hard. It was hard to twist him back around to get him out, I do not want that to ever happen again! but any other sugestions I would really appreiciate!

Thanks all!
Oh yes...I went through this.  Only it was at about 8 months.  I began referring to him as my little Party Boy..lol.

I finally got to the point that I had to let him cry.  I too was very very against it.  But there was nothing wrong..he wasn't hungry, his diaper wasn't dirty, nothing at all.  Here is how I did it.  I went in and patted his back, saying nighty night baby.  I did not take him out of his crib.  Then, if he cried, I would go in every 10 to 15 minutes and do the same.  It was sooo hard.  I was extremely anti crying it out, but I had a long talk with his pediatrician who told me that for some babies, nothing else works.  They are old enough at this age to know that crying brings us in, and that's what they want.  She also told me it's not healthy for them as they don't get enough sleep, and they need sleep to be healthy. Anyway, I understand your resistance to it, just wanted to give you my experience with it. After 2 nights, it was over.  He was sleeping 11 to 12 hours through the night and was a much happier baby.  The book I read was Healthy Sleep Habit, Happy Baby.  

Also, for the leg getting caught....we also had that happen, only it was his arm.  I put on those breathable baby bumpers (I was worried about the regular ones..I am a huge worrywart) and that solved the problem.  He also cannot stand on them to try to get out now that he is walking.  They collapse, so no falling out of the crib.  They are fabulous.

Good luck to you!  I hope you find something that works for you!
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Melissa_71 Does anyone still go on here? Comment
Oct 04
krichar, and hopeitworks commented on Des_a_rae's status
Sep 14
krichar commented on pb95's status
Sep 09