Parenting newborns and infants, up to 1 year User Group
party time at night
About This Group:

This is a group for those of us who have newborn babies, or infants anywhere from the newborn stage up to a year since there is not a forum specifically targeted for that age group. I think it's very important that people have this forum to share experience and gain advice on the small things involved with newborn/infant care...and this is also a place for new mothers (or fathers!) to speak about the difficulties (or joys) about their new babies, and to get support if you feel like you're struggling with adjustment. Please note::: this forum is NOT a substitute for medical advice. If your newborn has any potential medical problem, seek professional medical help immediately. DO NOT WAIT FOR AN ANSWER ON THIS FORUM. Call your pediatrician or take your child to the nearest ER or Urgent Care Center. Any indications of serious distress, high fevers, excessive vomiting, lethargy, fussiness, lack of appetite, etc are all things that must be evaluated ASAP by a medical professional so please seek help and do not wait..newborns are delicate and time spent waiting could be vital. With that being said...please feel free to ask any and all questions about the day-to-day care involved with newborns and infants, and if you feel as though you're having trouble adjusting please feel free to speak your mind and vent your concerns here and get the support you need. Congratulations on joining our community, I hope that you find the friends and answers you're looking for! I also recommend this group for pregnant women who can hopefully learn some very helpful tips for once their bundle of joy arrives!

Founded by Ashelen on August 17, 2010
84 members

party time at night

henry is now 7 months and he a week ago started waking up  at night when he wakes to eat. I mean talking and grabing his toes and rolling all over. I tried to bring him to bed with me and nurse and all he does and rool over, bang on his daddy and start yelling "UP" to him. No matter if I keep the light off as always he still is awake for 1-3 hours each time. I just do not get it. Like the say all kids are different! My other 3 never did this but Henry does;)

I rock and rock but nothing! Anyone with similar problems at this age? Or ever and anything you can suggest to help? I will try anything except letting him stay n his bed alone awake or cry it out method. He never crys when he wakes as I have always gottne him and I like it to stay that way, he knows he does nto have to cry, mommy will come. Also I do not mind him playing in his bed in the day when I am awake but he did get his leg caught in the railing once and had a red mark and squalled so hard. It was hard to twist him back around to get him out, I do not want that to ever happen again! but any other sugestions I would really appreiciate!

Thanks all!
1 Comment
Oh yes...I went through this.  Only it was at about 8 months.  I began referring to him as my little Party Boy..lol.

I finally got to the point that I had to let him cry.  I too was very very against it.  But there was nothing wrong..he wasn't hungry, his diaper wasn't dirty, nothing at all.  Here is how I did it.  I went in and patted his back, saying nighty night baby.  I did not take him out of his crib.  Then, if he cried, I would go in every 10 to 15 minutes and do the same.  It was sooo hard.  I was extremely anti crying it out, but I had a long talk with his pediatrician who told me that for some babies, nothing else works.  They are old enough at this age to know that crying brings us in, and that's what they want.  She also told me it's not healthy for them as they don't get enough sleep, and they need sleep to be healthy. Anyway, I understand your resistance to it, just wanted to give you my experience with it. After 2 nights, it was over.  He was sleeping 11 to 12 hours through the night and was a much happier baby.  The book I read was Healthy Sleep Habit, Happy Baby.  

Also, for the leg getting caught....we also had that happen, only it was his arm.  I put on those breathable baby bumpers (I was worried about the regular ones..I am a huge worrywart) and that solved the problem.  He also cannot stand on them to try to get out now that he is walking.  They collapse, so no falling out of the crib.  They are fabulous.

Good luck to you!  I hope you find something that works for you!
Melissa_71 commented on mhv's status
Dec 16
klr2650 hasn't been online for a wh... Comment
Dec 13
krichar commented on photo
Dec 11