Parkinson’s Disease Community
Does this sound like Parkinsons?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Parkinson’s disease, anger, anxiety, depression, balance, facial stiffness, genetics, handwriting difficulties, speech movement difficulties, nutrition and diet, rigidity (stiffness), sexuality, swallowing difficulties, tremors (shaking), walk (shuffling), and work issues.

Does this sound like Parkinsons?

Hello,  my symptoms began about 4 months ago following an incident at a music festival where I consumed an excess amount of MDMA,  which I had never done before (and never will again).  I either had a very severe panic attack (which I'd never had) or OD'ed (also never happened before).  I felt like my heart was pounding, my body was tingling, and I was about to pass out. I was taken to the hospital and given an IV.  Since that time,  I have had a lot of unusual symptoms.  The first symptom was about a month later while sitting at lunch,  I had been worried about any damage I could've done to my heart for the weeks leading up to it,  and then all of a sudden had a wave come over me where suddenly I felt like I was in a dreamlike state and was about to pass out. My heart was racing.  Since then I've continually had these waves come over me and create very similar feelings.  Next symptoms was while playing basketball,  everything seemed to be fine,  until I was shooting a jumpshot and got this immediate feeling of my heart racing with a need to cough.  This also happened while swinging a cough club.  Have recently had issues with feeling shaky (persistent throughout day, but worse in the morning upon waking up) and off balance,  such as if I'll be standing up but feel like I'm leaning forward and slouched over.  I should also add that I have a very stiff feeling in the back of my neck,  as well as occasional eye floaters that seem to appear more often than before.  I also feel sometime like my limbs are either very light or very heavy,  and somewhat like things are heavier than I'd expect than to me,  such as my cell phone, I'll be holding it and it will feel somewhat foreign in my hand and heavier than normal.  Lastly,  I have a feeling of pressure in my head,  but not really a headache,  just like my head feels heavier than normal...but also sometimes feels incredibly light and empty.

I've visited my doctor and gotten an EKG, Echo, 2 wk monitor,  blood work, and CT and all seems to be normal.  What could possibly be causing all of these symptoms,  did I do permanent damage to myself somehow...please help!!
MDMA has sever effects on dopamine levels in the brain. a lack of dopamine is what causes parkinson's. If your tests are normal I would not advise any further worrying at this point. Your symptoms do not sound like parkinsons. The first symptom my dad noticed was stiffness in his gate (walking). I would advise you to lay off the MDMA. It will eventually cause permanent brain damage which could lead to parkinson's like symptoms.