Parkinson’s Disease Community
finger tremors
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Parkinson’s disease, anger, anxiety, depression, balance, facial stiffness, genetics, handwriting difficulties, speech movement difficulties, nutrition and diet, rigidity (stiffness), sexuality, swallowing difficulties, tremors (shaking), walk (shuffling), and work issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

finger tremors

hello,

I am a 21 year old male. About a 5 weeks ago I stopped eating as much as I usually do. If I had to guess I probably have only been eating 900 - 1300 calories a day. I've lost about 12 pounds in this time. I'm 5'10, 145 pounds right now.

About three weeks into this "diet" I got a finger tremor in my left ring finger. Over the past weeks I also had one in my right index finger, left index finger, left thumb, and right pinky. This has me scared of Parkinson's Disease. I don't have any pill rolling tremors and the tremor has not occurred in the same finger twice. Most of my tremors have occured at rest but I did get one while typing. I've also had twitching in other parts of my body. I've also been very stressed.

I have also gotten headaches, lightheadness, and twice my vision got blurry.

Do you think my tremors are due to not eating and is there any chance I have PD?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
302539_tn?1273980029
I would guess that it is due to a very low calorie diet for a man of your age. You should realy increase your calorie intake with healthy foods. By your height and weight and age you should be eating 2400 calories a day. If you don't mind me asking why would you want to loose weight? Take care of yourself and please eat something  :)
Blank
thanks for replying.

I'm not trying to loose weight but I'm one of these people who can drop pounds very easily if I don't eat a lot. I guess that's because I'm young. I haven't been eating because a stressful situation happened to me about 5 weeks ago. Then the hand tremors started which caused me to worry. As a result of worrying it became hard for me to eat. I am trying to eat more now.

The headaches, vision issues, and being lightheaded I pretty much know are from not eating enough but for some reason the tremors really have me worried.

Thanks again for taking your time to address my concerns.  
Blank
Hi Mike,
A persisting low blood sugar level can cause persisting shaking and tremors as well as the lightheadedness, headaches and vision issues. You may also be malnourished and may need a good B-complex (stress) vitamin to diminish damage stress is creating in your body. If nothing else, drink a good protein shake between meals with vitamin supplements while you deal with the root of your problem...~MM
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parkinson’s Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...