Pediatric Endocrinology Expert Forum
PUbic Hair in 8 month old girl
About This Forum:

Questions in the Pediatric Endocrinology forum are answered by Dr. Deanna L Aftab Guy. Topics covered include adrenal problems, diabetes insipidus, menstrual irregularities, obesity, parathyroid abnormalities, pituitary abnormalities, puberty concerns, rapid growth, rickets and bone disease, short stature, and thyroid.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

PUbic Hair in 8 month old girl

I just noticed my daughter has very light hair on the labia majora. She is a big baby, 98th percentile height and weight, breastfeed and just started solids, I (the mom) am on synthroid 25 mcg. Because of my thyroid condition and her weight gaining her thryroid has been tested and it came back normal (when she was 6 months old). I am really concerned that this is serious. Will the hair just fall off eventually or she will need special treatment and screenings? I made an appointment with her pediatrician, but I would like to educate myself first.
Thanks for any information you can provide.