Pediatric Endocrinology Expert Forum
What to expect next?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Pediatric Endocrinology forum are answered by Dr. Deanna L Aftab Guy. Topics covered include adrenal problems, diabetes insipidus, menstrual irregularities, obesity, parathyroid abnormalities, pituitary abnormalities, puberty concerns, rapid growth, rickets and bone disease, short stature, and thyroid.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

What to expect next?

My daughter is 4 and has had some blood sugar issues in the past.  We have already seen the pediatric endo. and they have released her back to the pediatrician.  Her A1c's have been ok.  The first one was 5.3 and then it went to 4.9 and a year later the pediatrician ran a random one and it was 6.0!!  I started checking her blood sugars again and while a couple were a tad elevated...the rest were fine.  She spills a little ketones at times but not in amounts to worry too much about.  I thought maybe the last result was due to the lab being different than the first 2 draws.  After asking the pediatrician about this she told me there should not be too much of a difference.  So we are going to wait 3 months from the last draw and retest her A1c.  According to her labs she has 20 JDF units and her c-peps keep fluctuating from .6 to 3.5.  Her GAD is <1.0  We just don't have definitive answers and its hard playing a waiting game.
I am a T1 and pump insulin.  My mom is T2 and her sister and mother are T2's also.