Pelvic Organ Prolapse surgery User Group
POP with pessary, surgery or not
About This Group:

Personal experiences, good, bad or otherwise from patients who have undergone Pelvic Prolapse Surgery. Pain? Discomfort? Complications? Questions?

Founded by nannynormi on September 21, 2011
5 members

POP with pessary, surgery or not

I have 3+ cystocele with rectocele and have had a pessary for 2 weeks.  I plan to have corrective surgery in a month. It is being delayed for a trip and to give time for estrogen cream to help the vaginal walls.  I am interested in sharing information about the surgical options.  I have hemorrhoids and the rectocele is causing the most problems with irritation and severe itching. If taking the uterus (since I have fibroids) is an option, is it better to do that or not?  Also, I am interested in the mesh controversy and any input about it. I am having leaks with the pessary and I had none even with the rather bad prolapse. I understand that some bladders fall in a way that there is not leakage though I did have the urinate, stand, urinate again issue and sneezing leaks. Guess I was lucky but now that the uretha is "unkinked" with the pessary, the leaks are here.  Also I had to press to get the BM out of the rectocele pocket. It's a little better with the pessary but I still have to press some and the itching even keeps me awake. Should I just go back to living with the prolapse or should I have the surgery and get everything corrected.  My husband of 40 years is being patient with me but no intercourse for a month with the pessary.  Any suggestions or personal experiences are much appreciated.  
sledwards joined this group
Welcome them!
Nov 18
DianneJuanita joined this group
Welcome them!
Feb 14
dkg51 joined this group
Welcome them!
08/12