Peripheral Nerve Hyperexcitability (PNH) Community
I Am Confused About My Symptoms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Peripheral Nerve Hyperexcitability (PNH) and the various conditions related to it such as neuromyotonia (NMT), cramp fasciculation syndrome (CFS), benign fasciculation syndrome (BFS), Isaacs syndrome and others.

I Am Confused About My Symptoms

.Hello,
I am a 50 year old female.  I've been pretty healthy up til about 8 months ago.  I started having saliva gland problems then every week or two would get more symptoms,  I started getting twitching, lung problems, larnyx problems, now stiffness, muscles burning, the back of my neck and base of skull feels as if someone is grabbing it hard and won't let go.  I'm having numbness, tingling and constricting feelings.  My hands and fingers are tight and my calves tight.  My shoulders feel bad.  My cousin had ALS, he was a few years older than me.  I had a EMG done, and they said it didn;t show anything reallyl\ abnormal. My Dad has PolymyalgiaRhematica.   I feel muscle weakness and tightness and don't know where to turn. I am having a hard time moving my limbs and hard time walking.  I have nerve sensations thoughout my body.  I waited 2 months for an appointment with a neurologist to get help.  All she did was look at the previous testing, talked with me for less than 10 minutes and told me that this was not neurological and charged me 350.00.  I am very discouraged.  Should I have a second opinion done?  I can't seem to get in with another neurologist without a referral andt the doctors are just going with tthe opinion of the first neurologist.  I don't know what to do or what to think.  Thank you for your time.   .
I don't know how your healthcare works I'm wondering why you would need a referral if then you're charged 350,00 dollars??

Which blood tests exactly did you show to the Neurologist? was there anything out of range?

Do you remember anything unusual before the symptoms began? any infection-related symptoms even mild like headache and allergy? do you urinate normally? your body temperature?

in alternative to the Neurologist you could try Immunologist.