Leg gets stiff when running, gives out from under me.
For the last couple of months when I run or walk fast my right leg gets stiff and is painful to continue. I have been running for 5 miles almost everyday and walking fast for 3 miles daily. My leg gives out from under me when running and I have to stop. I stretch before any exercise. I have changed running shoes thinking this might be the problem but it wasn't. Any help would be great.

Anita
Hi!
One possibility is that you are over exercising. Please check the point where the stiffness and pain starts and do not exercise more than that. Once you become comfortable running this distance, you can slowly increase the miles.
The other possibility is intermittent claudication. The diseased and thrombosed arteries go in spasm while walking or exercising. While there is increased blood demand, there is reduced oxygen in muscles, and hence pain. Dehydration could be another cause. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.