Peripheral Nerve Hyperexcitability (PNH) Community
Vitamin B6 & Peripheral Neuropathy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Peripheral Nerve Hyperexcitability (PNH) and the various conditions related to it such as neuromyotonia (NMT), cramp fasciculation syndrome (CFS), benign fasciculation syndrome (BFS), Isaacs syndrome and others.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Vitamin B6 & Peripheral Neuropathy

I have taken a multi-vitamin regularly for about 18 months and now have significant peripheral neuropathy. I fear I will need to quit my job and be disabled, the pain is so great. Numbness in hands and feet with carpal tunnel syndrome. I am looking for people to share their stories of too much B6 - did this ever go away and if so, how long did it take?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I took b6 for a good six months in the form of pyridoxine while I was on isoniazid for tb.isoniazid depletes body of b6 so iam confused whether I cudve had toxicity or deficiency.my symptoms are similar to urs with twitches,sensations n vibratory feelings in arms and legs..
Blank
Btw what dose did u take?I took only 10 mg.normally b6 toxicity is reversible but takes up to six months I guess as I read that somewhere.
Blank
Sorry to hear about your peripheral neuropathy. There are a variety of meds, for instance Neurontin (aka: gabapentin), which often provide great relief. Perhaps one of those may help.

Vitamin B6 toxicity requires a lot of effort. You'd have to be taking massive doses of B6 for months to get any kind of toxicity going. Unfortunately, some supplement manufacturers do put absurd amounts of B6 in their formulations. Fortunately, the effects of the toxicity are often reversible.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Peripheral Nerve Hyperexcitability (PNH) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank