Phobias Community
Mental Knots

Phobias are a type of anxiety disorder where one has a strong, irrational fear of something that poses little or no actual danger. Discuss topics including social phobias, claustrophobia and treatment options.

Mental Knots

I have a strange problem that I have spent a life away from people in other words very unsocial life.Now whenever I go to public places or do something i didnt do before,my mind completely rejects it and says its impossible to do that.For example if im asked to give a presentation to some people ,my mind will out rightly reject it and will say its impossible.Its not the question of self confidence but the total rejection by my mind.I am also pessimistic.If there are one million people and somebody says only one person will die out of one million I will become 90% sure that that person is me.What should I do to break these mental knots?
Hi there,

I think that there are other people with somewhat similar course of thinking, and the problem is your mode of thinking. So, with that said you may want to lean towards CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy). CBT is very effective in treating all sorts of mental issues from disorders, OCD, panic, phobias and social anxiety, lots of stuff including just bad thinking habits. That is what you probably have is a bad thinking habit. It just needs to be changed. It will take time, because if you have been thinking like this for years and years it has become your "norm" so to speak and will take longer as for say someone who has only been thinking like that for weeks or months. I hope this helps you out, best of luck.