Postpartum Depression (PPD) Community
Why has it come back ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Postpartum Depression (PPD).

Why has it come back ?

I have had PPD with late onset before - when my second little boy was 9 months. It was so severe, it was.a living nightmare. I suffered with it for a couple of months then went on meds. I was feeling better when he was around 14 months. I have always felt guilty about having that illness. Well to cut a long story short, I made a full recovery and he is now 4 years old :) I also have an older 8 year old little boy, and our newest addition to the family is my daughter of 6 months old. I have (in just the last couple if weeks) felt the symptoms of depression coming back. I am always worrying about the children, always afraid of stressful situations, anxous about the housework and falling behind with it. I am forgetful and seem to be having occasional short term memory loss. Did I say I am always worried about the children?? My doctor has put me on paroxetine (because i'm breastfeeding) it is safer antidepressant than others if you are breastfeeding. I'm so disappointed this illness has come back - I never though it would, but it's crept right back up on me :(
gosh, Im sorry you have had this illness come bck,..how awful. I have 2 kids, my youngest 3 weeks, and so far, have not had PPD. I have however suffered major depression for years ( long time ago ) so i know how debilitating it can be...cannot imagine trying to cope with it with children tho.
Its great uv picked up the signs early and getting help sooner rather than later...once the paroxetine starts to have an effect, ull feel better...just take it one day at a time....good luck
I agree w/ Chookdee.  It is so good that you know what is happening and have started getting help now.  So many times, women put off getting help or talking to anyone.  Most times, medication will help.  

I have 6 kids and get PPD after having a baby each time.  I always know it's coming so my doc gives me a prescription when I leave the hospital.  With this past baby, it started the day after I had her, while I was still in the hospital.  They gave me a pill right then and there.

It is awful when you are going through it and you def feel overwhelmed and that it will never end.  But it will, as you know.

Good luck and just know we are always here to listen and that you are not alone!
Thankyou so much for your supportive kind words. I am struggling but trying to fight this...