prayer to stay on track
I am trying to live life sober, without taking ANY mind altering chemicals.  I have been fighting this battle for about a year and a half now.  I have overcome addictions to various substances including painkillers and nicotine.  I know Jesus played a big part in that.  However, it is only now that I am realizing that the compulsion to take drugs  is still alive in me and I am still not completely free.  I am asking to Jesus to not only keep me off all my drugs of choice, but to fill up that part of me that is constantly craving 'something'.  Thanks for listening, i am glad i found a group like this on here.
Well hello I am glad you found our little family as well. I will be praying for you. The devil is the one that tries to make you feel you need "something". I trust that God will help you rebuke the evil that is trying to destroy the life you want for yourself. Rebuke all that comes against you in his name and you shall be set truly free.

Never forget the cross, for that is where Jesus gave his all for us to live free lives. He loved us so much and we can turn to him and the cross every time we feel off track. May god bless your day,

Kimberly
Thank you so much Kimberly.  God bless you as well.
hi friend.. i've noticed with friends in possibly a similar situation as yours, that it is important to have a replacement for the healed addiction, otherwise something unplanned comes in and naturally fills it...
i havent quite had the experience but recently have been giving up some blackness in my heart, which god is replacing with joy - otherwise something else would just come along and would probably be random junk.
it is awesome that you are recognising what's going on. it seems to be another call for more healing, something ongoing.
blessings
hugs
acker
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
VICourageous commented on spider6's status
VICourageous commented on sicraw's status
Jun 23
VICourageous commented on dominosarah's status
Jun 23