OT. Pregnancy after a coloscopy??!!
Ok so this morning i went in to have a coloscopy done..( didnt know i was until i got there) the secretary forgot to mention that!! Anways i am wanting to have another baby and have heard of being very fertile after having this procedure done!! Is this true?? That would be great but will it delay my ovulation now? I am bleeding again now and my gyno said i am going to pot for a few days so will that delay everything or what? Has anybody gotten pregnant after having this procedure like right after??? Anything you girls know please tell me!! Thanks
Did you go for a colonoscopy (bowels) or an HSG (fallopian tubes)? I guess I'm not sure how you would have prepped for a colonoscopy if you didn't know you where have one done. But if you did have a colonoscopy done, I'm pretty sure that doesn't have anything to do with the lady parts we need to concieve. However, if you had an HSG done, then some docs say you are more fertile after one. After my first HSG, I got p/g right after (also with IUI mind you) with DS. I had several done the past two years and didn't get p/g right after like the first time around. But I also have underlying issues - endo, PCOS and DH's count and motility. But I can say good luck and I hope you get your BFP soon!!!
no i had a few pieces of my cervix removed for test!! lol not bowels!!
i had a LEEP done on my cervix on 22nd dec 2008, and got pregnant according to scan at around 31st dec 2008. i am now 36 weeks pregnant, so yeah what you heard COULD be true, i have not personally heard that but, in my experience it is true!
wow well thats great then!! Im supposed to ovulate from the 18th-28 and df is leaving for work around the 29th sp i would really like to get pregnant before he leaves! If i dont well we will let happen whenever he gets back!! lol
good luck on that!!
Lol, I just looked again and saw COLOSCOPY lol, I must have just read it with an "N"...I feel like a dork lol!!! I don't know anything about a coloscopy and making you more fertile, but GOOD LUCK!!!
I am not sure I dont really know a whole lot about that but I want to wish you all the luck in getting pregnant. God Bless
Thanks girls! i have been doing research and thats what it says!! Apparently it cleans everything up! I dunno..cant always believe what you read around the net i guess !! But anybody know if its normal to have alot of pain and a slight fever after the procedure!??
A colposcopy doesn't make you any more fertile than you were before.  I had one done in June followed by a LEEP in July.  There is actually a super small chance of infertility caused by it.  Anytime you alter your cervix you have an increased risk for problems with carrying a child.  I don't mean to be a downer but I just want to give it to you straight.
I had 1 done Wednesday 2 days ago i wanna if I have sex with my boyfriend will it do anything to me
Slim024 this post is from 2009 it's 8 Years old. Why don't you put your question on a new post so our community can answer it for you :)
A colposcopy does not cause you to be extra fertile. If you get pregnant quickly after it is simply a fluke thing. It is taking small pieces of tissue from your cervix. That has no bearing on fertility and increased pregnancy risk. Also hate to be a downer but I speak from experience after working in OB-GYN for 5 years.
i didnt say it did!! LOL i just said that its what i read on the net!! I also said that i dont believe everything i read on the internet either!! Just because alot of the times its not true! So by all means dont think your a downer!! haha I also read that it can increase you not carrying to full term and needing a cerlage and things like that to keep it closed while you are pregnant!! Sooo thats a few different things i have read!! Anyways back to my question...anyone ever hear of having a lot of pain and slight fever afterwards! Should i be worried!?
Rosa: How bad of a fever are we talking? I would call the doc anyways and have it checked - You don't need to have an infection going on in there....Not sure about the pain though since I've never had one done. But a fever after any procedure I don't believe is normal.
when i had one done i had pretty bad pain/cramping for like  24 hours
but they told me if i started to run fever to come in to the office
that might be because i was already pregnant at the time- im not sure
but you should look into it because fever could be a sign of infection
good luck !
oh good rosa! :) i was like i sounded mean! but i was just trying to be honest :) and you are exactly correct with the stitch to keep your cervix closed.  it is an EXTREMELY low risk but i just wanted to put it out there.  I would definitely call your doctor in the morning.  I had pretty bad cramps for a couple hours and just a tiny bit of bleeding but it was gone by the next day.  A fever could be a sign of infection! Call them!
Thanks girls!!  I have been taking tylenol to keep it down...its only about a 38! I was thinking it may be from the pain i was having but if i still have a fever tomorrow im going to call sence im going out of town!! And again thanks!! :)
My mom had one done and a month later he was pregnant just like my moms friends she was pregnant 2 weeks after
l had one in 2008 am still trying to get pregnant
I JUST HAD A COLPOSCOPY DONE 10/30/17 AND NOTICED THAT MY VAGINA HAS BEEN VERY VERY WET SINCE THEN.NO PAIN THO. THE DR. SAID NO SEX FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS BUT WE COULDNT WAIT LOL. BUT I SWEAR IT SEEMS LIKE MY BOX IS SOOOOO MUCH WETTER THAN NORMAL. MY HUSBAND LOVES IT. I EVEN FELT MORE STIMULATED THAN NORMAL. I AM WONDERING IF THE COLPOSCOPY MADE ME MORE FERTILE OR MADE MY BODY PRODUCE MORE CERVICAL MUCUS THAN NORMAL... CERVICAL MUCUS IS WHAT HELPS THE SPERM GET TO WHERE ITS SUPPOSED TO GO LOL, SO I AM HOPING AND PRAYING I CONCEIVED.  I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET PREGNANT FOR 7 YEARS. 6 YEARS WITH MY EX AND 1 YEAR WITH MY CURRENT HUSBAND. HE ALREADY HAS KIDS I REALLY HOPE WE CAN HAVE A BABY TOGETHER. BABY DUST TO EVERYONE!!!! HEY ROSA DID YOU EVER GET PREGNANT?