Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community
how long to wait ?

If you've been trying to conceive (TTC) for less than one year, this patient support community is the place to discuss your hope, inspiration, joy and struggles, as you sprinkle Baby Dust during the Two Week Wait (TWW). If you’ve been trying to conceive for more than one year, please visit our Fertility/Infertility/IVF Community.

how long to wait ?

Ive been trying to conceive for around 8 months how long should I wait to see a doctor ?
General custom has often been two years, but that's mostly a question of convenience and money versus likelihood.  You can see a doctor anytime, and eight months is a fair effort to at least seek a review of your situation from a doctor's perspective.  Possibly with a sperm vitality/quantity test involved.
Avatar n tn
I asked at my annual gynecology appointment and my Dr had said within the first year of trying if you had 10 patients, the number of conceptions increase within the year. So 2 patients within the first 3 months of trying would concieve (conceive), 2 in 6 months, so on and so forth. So, the 2 patients that hadn't concieve (conceive) in a year should get all medical evaluations done. If you are ok, then your spouse should get checked.
Since it's easier and much less expensive to check males, I suggest start with semen testing (unless, your community's a patriarchal one where such a suggestion would be seen as insulting).
Avatar n tn
I just took 3 test all positive thanks