Pregnancy 18-24 Community
12 weeks pregnant. Not seen a doctor or a midwife and had no scan why w...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

12 weeks pregnant. Not seen a doctor or a midwife and had no scan why won't they see me ?

Taken 4 tests at home all came up positive so I rang my doctor to book in and they said I had to do a sample n they would send it off n to ring them back in 2 days. So I rang the family planning and went there took a test and it came up positive n they to said to me I was around 12 weeks pregnant. they said it could have come up negative because when you are 3 month + it won't pick up hCG but it did.  they wright  me a letter to my doctor to say I was pregnant and I showed them it and they still said I had to do a test n ring up. I don't understand why they won't book me in to see the doctor. I should be having my scan now and I haven't seen my doctor or Ethan a midwife. I'm stating to worry this will be my 1st pregnancy so I don't no what to expect. Iv been having allot of pain to day in my stomach like I tight feeling n like I'm due on my period my bra as been really hurting me it feels really tight, pain between my boobs like heart burn but not my heart I no it sounds daft. I'm just worrying and don't no what to expect. I want to have my scan to make sure things are ok but I mite not get it till I'm 16 weeks now because it's late already  and had no appointments. I dint think I could Ethan get pregnant and I am so now am worrying something is going to go wrong. Can some1 give me a bit of advice and put my mined at rest xx
maybe you should call around and try a different doctors office
I think I am going to. need to ring up in the morning and my mum is coming with me as she will no a lot more than me and will make then refure me to the midwife if it docent get sorted I will change my doctors.
Yea i would start looking for another doctor too. Prenatal care is very important in the first trimester, good luck!
the same thing happened to me! my docters took 2 months to refer me to the hospital, i had my 1st app 28th feb then they booked me in for my dating scan 7th march and found i was 15weeks and 5 days. it is really frustrating and i know exactly what your going through! you feel almost let down by the docters and that.

the benefit ive found is now the ball is rolling i dont have to wait as long for my 20 week scan :) make sure your taking pre natal vitamins though, ive been taking pregnacare, there in tescos for like £5. congratss too :) :)
Thank you. I rung my doctor today for my test results and they said I had to ring after 3 and put the phone down on me. So I rung back and made an appointment after 4 so I will be going to the doctors 2 day my mum is coming with me 2 so hope I get some more advise. I'm just so worried that something will go wrong. And I'm a really funny eater I don't eat much I don't like meat I done like a lot of fruit so am getting worried but am not giving my baby what it needs as I'm not getting no iron no vitamin c and not a lot of what I'm ment to be getting so I'm going to have to take loads of tablets but like a bit of advice from my doctor for what is best for me and the baby. Just looking forward to seeing my doctor then I can start to see my midwife n then my mined will be at rest. Xx
I don't know about in the UK, but here in the US many doctors won't even schedule the first ob appt until 10-12 weeks.  
I went to my doctors 2day and they did felt my belly and said she thinks am thurther on she thinks am 15 week. and did an ultra sound n I Hurd it's lil heart beat it wo lovely but she culdent really tell n just said I had to get in for a scan asap in the next week or so and had to see midwife asap. Also I don't no if any 1 has had this before but the doctor was feeling my belly n now I feel so big n look a lot bigger is it because she has moved the baby a bit ??