Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Hormone imbalance

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Hormone imbalance

I'm 23 now, but have always had irregular periods. had hormone tests recently and was told i had an imbalance of a hormone which starts with P(can't remember).and i had to take a drug to help regulate my period over a 3month period...it worked until i started taking *Postinor-2 (a little too often i think).Took this pill 1st week in sept, had my period a week later, and then the week after dt again..haven;t had my period since then(not had sex either)..but ive been having this egg white-like discharge every few weeks, with wht looks like dried blood in it. Generally sleepin alot more in the last few months and prone to mood swings.Wht is wrong with me?
im so scared and confused!
and the docs thought this was better that what you had before i would go back to them explain what is happening now ask them to check your hormones againto see what is happening is the hormone you are talking about prolactin i know it is associated with breast feeding but when i was a teenager i had a prolactin inbalance it can make your periods irregular but did not do that to me now i breast feed to children and prolactin is normal just a mad thought
So it was probably a progesterone imbalance since it started with a "p". As for your cycles getting irregular again, I think it definitely can have something to do with Postinor-2. They could change your hormones temporarily and thereby change your cycles. The eggwhite discharge usually indicates that estrogen is high, like when you're about to ovulate, and the spotting could be because of Postinor-2. But I'm not a doctor :-) so if you continue having problems with your cycles, I would set up another appointment with your obgyn. Take care!
...oh yeah, I guess it could be prolactin too. I must have posted at the same time as neacys, so I didn't see her post until after :-)
Yeah its Prolactin. I guess i shd arrange another appointment with my Obgyn...was hopin it wud go away but i seems instead of having my periods i end up developing cysts..dts not always painful but sometimes it causes an uncomfortable pain in my lower tummy...thanks for all the advice..wonder if anyone has had a similar experience tho?
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers