Pregnancy 18-24 Community
How do I know if I'm leaking

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

How do I know if I'm leaking

I am 34 weeks pregnant and am leaking something that is whitish in color. It has no odor. How do I tell if it might be my water leaking?
If your water was leaking you would def know it. It has an extremely distinct smell (its awful!) and what you are experiencing is just one of those wonder pregnancy problems; way too much discharge. As long as there is no cramping or blood or serious contractions (anything other than braxton hicks) I would say you are just getting to the end! Also bring it up to the doctor the next visit and hopefully they can help put your mind at ease!
When my water broke man oh man it was alot! First it felt like a pop of some sort then its like i peed twice in my pants lol i ran to the bathroom to change and put on a pad (that didnt help) Every contraction a bunch of fluid would rush out. I soaked through my pad and pants instantly. Bring a towel or 3 to sit on in the car i forgot mine and it was a nasty mess.
If your water is leaking it shouldnt be white. It is usualy kinda clear in color or sometimes is stained with baby's first BM. I have to say though if it were leaking you would probably know. OMG did I gush, lol! But maybe you have a slow leak?? The only way to tell is to call into your OB. They will generaly have you come in. They will do a fern test. (They have another one but I dont remember the name) They can tell you for sure if you are leaking is fluid or not. BTW- during my last few months my discharge got heaveier, it was always white in color. Good luck!

Nickie- funny that you say it smelled awful because I dont remember it smeeling bad. Just that it wouldnt stop running out, lol! I went through almost all of our towels, hehe. But then again I had almost double the amont of fluid your supposed to have:-)
Sounds like vaginal discharge?

If your water breaks it will be a continual leaking. For me, when mine broke, I didn't notice a smell at all. And as another person said fluid would gush out when I had a contraction because her head wasn't fully engaged to "plug" up the cervix.
Is discharge liquid? All the discharge I' ve had before now has been thicker.
discharge liquid doesnt have to be thick. I would still get it checked out though to make sure you dont have an infection.
hi im new to this im 35 weeks pregnant with my 2nd baby and i constantly feel wet down there sorry if its too much info lol i was wondering if anyone knew what it was a couple weeks back i had some clear thin discharge that i could see but now its just wet patches in my pants and i feel dirty my mum seemed to think it could be amniotic fluid. . . . . xx
Hi everyone! im new to this forum and hope to get some answer to my questions! im about 38 weeks pregnant with my first baby and im not sure if my water is leaking. i woke up this morning with a wet underwear and i thought id put a pad on just to make sure... went back to bed and woke up again to wee and the pad was wet, it wasnt soaked but u cud tell it was wet. later today after i went to the toilet to wee, my underwear was wet again but wasnt sure if it was just my pee ( the baby pushing on my bladder that made me wee myself?? ) or if its my discharge but it was too clear to be one! or if its my water leaking! i kept a pad on and this evening i felt something came out on my underwear and went to the toilet to see and it was a clear thing on my pad! too clear to be a discharge and it didnt smell like wee,.. could it be just a discharge?? or is it my water leaking?? thanks for any opinions!
My name is breanna and on the 19 of March i was admitted to the hospital it was said that at 22 wks and 3days that i was 4 cm dialated and had to be put on antibiotics and bed rest. 7 days later they said i was no longer dialated and i was sen home with strict rules to follow. I have followed them to the T, Now i am 25 weeks. But ever since ive been home i have been leaking alot of fluid sometimes its so bad when i bend over it leaks down my legs. Sometimes its thick, creamy, white with pink blood, and other times its clear like water has any one else had this problem