Pregnancy 18-24 Community
How do you move on after abortion?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

How do you move on after abortion?

I was 5 1/2 weeks along & i couldnt bring a baby into my world right now as much as i love them so i decided with my family to have a surgical abortion in July. I still find it so hard to think about anything else & cant look at children & esp pregnant ladies. I cannot talk to my family as now im seen to be 'feeling sorry for myself' if i bring it up so im stuck? Really could do with some help! x
I'm sure that there are support groups in your area.... Or find other woman that have been in similar situation
I had a medical abortion Nov last year because I was underweight and seriously ill and living in a safe house! I was 22 weeks....And I am 5 months pregnant with a baby boy right now. But recently getting to that time of when I had my abortion last year. I have been having nightmares and flash backs of me having the abortion again. Including what I was texting to people exact times of everything and everything...
basically from personal experience you will not get over it for a long time. The best thing to do is to get emotional help from a counciller that your GP can refer you too. Thats the best way, Because you need SO much emotional support and help from everyone around you. It was the worst thing of my life.

You need emotional help from a specialist :)

xx
It would be prudent for you to seek help from someone who specializes in grief counseling.  An abortion can have tremendous mental affects on the woman and if you do not work through these emotions now they will cause you big problems through the rest of your life.  Check into local FAITH BASED womens clinics.  The reason I stress faith based (whether you are religious or not) is that they are more likely to have either a support group for post-abortion women or can direct you to one along with counseling options.  Many of these places can refer you to non-profit or sliding scale facilities that will help you for little to no cost.

I urge you to do this as soon as possible.  The decision to have an abortion is not one to be taken lightly and it's likely to continue to haunt you for years to come if you can not come to terms with it now.