Pregnancy 18-24 Community
I havent had a period in 6 months but had unprotected sex, could I stil...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

I havent had a period in 6 months but had unprotected sex, could I still get pregnant?

I am a 26 year old female. Im in recovery from an eating disorder and havent had a true period for about 6 months now. I was using the nuvarung but stopped using it when I started to get help for my eating disorder and also when I broke up with my ex. So its been 6 months with no real  period and recently I started dating a guy and we had unprotected sex a few times. He never came inside me but im unsure as to whether I could still get pregnant even though my periods havent restarted yet?
its a few weeks since we slept together, as he lives in another town, should i take a pregnancy test just to be sure?
Also should my periods have started back by now now that i've put on weight and in a healthy weight reange again.
Advice please :)
Anytime you have sex you can get pregnant even if you haven't had a normal period in a while. And even if her didn't *** instead of you. There is still sperm in the pre-***. I would suggest getting on a reliable form of birth control to be safe :)

Even onces your health is back to par and your weight is too your periods can be strange or missing for a while after. I've heard up to a year but I'm not really sure how accurate that is or how normal. Id suggest seeing your gyno for birth  control and to ask about your period not coming. Within three to four weeks after unprotected sex you should be able to get a positive on a pregnancy test if you were pregnant. Always use your first morning urine which is most concentrated so it would have a good amount of the pregnancy hormone in it.

Good job on getting help and getting over your eating disorder!!  Hats off to you, that is a VERY hard thing to do and I am so very impressed!  Good job and best of wishes.
If your not having periods,then no pregnancy isn't likely.when we have periods it means we are ovulating.you can only concieve (conceive) during ovulation.so chances of pregnancy,I would say are nil.
I would discuss with your doctor,about getting help restarting your periods.
As someone who has suffered with Anorexia for 6 years I will tell you that having NO period whilst having an eating disorder is normal. And YES you can get pregnant, because I did! Just because you dont have a period doesnt mean you dont ovulate! There are people who have periods and DON'T ovulate and there are people who DON'T have periods and DO still ovulate. Periods are just a rough guideline of when you MIGHT ovulate if you have an average 28 day cycle.

I was pregnant this time last year, I found out at 22 weeks. Whilst being on the pill and ANOREXIC and therefore I didn't have a period for a year...  I did have to terminate because I was so ill because I didnt get help.

Itt does take a while for your periods to come back to normal after having an eating disorder because your body needs to regulate and get back to normal Just like after you have a miscarriage, give birth and so on so forth. Your periods might take a while, they also might be irregular at first because you havent had one for so long.

You can speak to your doctor about help getting your periodss back, but this is normal for someone with an eating disorder trust me! I was there for 6 years.

And yes SunWorshiper_26 you are correct with it taking up to a year and some peoples can be longer and or shorter.

You can take a test with First morning urine just to be sure... if it is negative you can either test again within a week or so. AND/OR ask for a blood test to check your HCG count, and also speak to your doc about your periods. But it is normal!

Good Luck with the help,. I am always here if you need to talk, I have been in your shoes and can help and stuff if you need it!

x
Ovulation is needed to concieve (conceive),after ovulation,then you would get a period.this is called lutheal phase.some women may have only a slight bleed and not think its a period.but after ovulation if no pregnancy is achieved then the linning breaks down and causes a period.

Personally I would discuss it with your doctor.
When I had my eating disorder I didnt have a period for a year and a half in total and I had NO clue how I got pregnant because I didnt have a period for a year before hand and found out I was 5 and a hald months pregnant. Sooo I dunoo how that happened then?? Because if I didnt have a period means I didnt ovulate, which means how on earth did I get pregnant then??

I am going by experience, I didnt have a period for a year before I got preg, got preg... soo I must have ovulated and not had a period or ANY BLEEDING what so ever... And Basically sounds pretty much the same as what happened to me! So yeah she can get pregnant without a period BECAUSE I DID!!!!
Im not getting into a debate about it hun.im just stating a fact.if this has happened then its rare.