Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Late Period.Pmt.Sore Breasts But Negative Test?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Hi All...

Basically we have been trying on/off for a baby for about a year.... we only had sex 4/5 times last month... But im 4 days late for my period... Sore breasts (Left more then Right but BOTH) i have had pmt type things going on too and feeling all i can say is "Icky"........

I dont want to get excited as to me they all point to pregnant (we already have a 4 year old so been through the pregnant thing b4)

but im wondering if it could be anything else and if so something bad......

Sore boobs - pmt - late period - feeling off - but NEGATIVE test???

Argh - Please help xx xx
It's tough to say; a lot of pregnancy symptoms are also period symptoms. I know my boobs ALWAYS hurt and the nipples got sensitive from ovulation until my period. So for me that wasn't a good indicator of pregnancy. Do you pay attention to your body for signs of fertility? It really helps if you are trying to get pregnant. I knew I was pregnant before I tested because my cervical mucus (vaginal discharge) didn't dry up after ovulation like it usually does and the day I was supposed to start my period my basal body temp. stayed high.

If you aren't tracking your body for signs of fertility I think it would be a good idea to start. It gives you a good idea of when you ovulate (are fertile). Two easy things you can do are 1) buy a basal body thermometer and take your temp. first thing in the morning (before getting up) and recording it. A good website to record your temps is fertilityfriend. 2) Every day around the same time if possible check your cervical mucus buy sticking your finger in your vagina (it doesn't have to go all the way up there) and recording if it is dry, sticky, wet, or slippery, you can also record these signs on your fertilityfriend .com chart. If it is wetter than usual and/or slippery you are most likely fertile and should have sex.

Good luck!!! :)
When was the negative test done? (i.e. How many days late were you when you did it?) Did you do it with your first morning urine? Your symptoms could be pregnancy symptoms certainly. You should repeat the test to see for sure. You could have gotten a false negative. (Maybe it wasn't a very sensitive test or something.) Good luck to you guys!
i did it on the second wee of the day and i was 2/3 days late.......
i know it may be too much info like but i have had dischargy stuff about 1/2 week ago....
i have never had sore breasts - last time was when i was pregnant with my little boy who is 4 years old....
my periods have been on/off but last 4/5 months been pretty good....
just thinking with my mood swings - sore boobs - late period i want a reason for it all... im 4 days late now.... u think i shud test again next week.......
you should test again use your FMP
Definitely and as peewee said, use the first morning urine. That has the highest concentration of HCG in it. If you're already several days late for your period, I would saw you could do another test sooner than next week. If you didn't do one this morning, I'd say do one tomorrow morning! Good luck!