Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Not feeling pretty..

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Not feeling pretty..

Do any of you girls not feel pretty with your changing body? I haven't gained much weight yet, but I'm already uncomfortable with my body. Ive been struggling with an eating disorder for years now and gaining weight has freaked me out. I'm about six months along, and I love the fact that I'm pregnant and having a baby boy. But I'm so uncomfortable with my body now. Im just wondering if anyone else feels like this.
im so ready to go to my petite size!
i dont like not fitting on my clothes
i cant stand not wearing the things I LOVE.

:( sorry to hear you had an eating disorder.. :/
im also not that big of a tummy im 8 months <3
Its mostly your ED flaring up sweety. During pregnancy its inevitable to gain weight but ED doesn't care. I understand completely your struggle. Before my first and during the pregnancy I felt like a huge pile of fat. Even tho I was bones. Message me if you ever need to talk.
Also if you had/have anxiety pregnancy makes it much much worse!
I have anxiety attacks all the time. I used to take meds for it, but the ones I was on isn't safe to take while pregnant or breast feeding. So when I'm trying stuff on I just hate myself. Some days I'm ok though. But, now that people have started wanting to touch my tummy and stuff I just hate being all belly even more. I know it'll all be ok at the end too when I work out and get back down past where I was before pregnancy too. Message me if you ever need to talk:)
Thanks guys. Emilyalyssa, I'm going through that now, everyone wants to touch my stomach and it just keeps reminding me that yes, I am gaining weight. My boyfriend is very supportive with everything, and constantly tells me that he finds me beautiful. But there's always that doubt, ya know?
I have an eating disorder too so I understand how hard it is for you. Im nearly 20wks and have already gained about 16lbs, its so depressing, I have an overwhelming fear of being overweight.
I try and wear flattering clothes and always do my hair and make up to make me feel better. My partner always tells me how beautiful I am, I don't believe him but it makes me slightly stronger knowing he feels this way. I've also ordered fitness dvds designed for pregnant women to keep me active as running round after a toddler obviously isn't curbing my weight gain!
I don't feel comfortable but it has nothing to do with weight. I've been breaking out and I have dark hair everywhere ad other reasons. I am a smaller girl too so Im 8 months and I have a petite belly. You have to just look at yourself and try to accept the way you are and do what makes you feel beautiful I know easier said then done.
I feel blah today  i think hair cut and brow wax will do me wonders will have to do it when kids are in school,tomorrow getting them out of the house today seems inpossible.
Nancyann-before I was pregnant I was dealing with an eating disorder also and when I found out I was pregnant I was really happy bc I thought sinceI was soo under wweight my immune system would be bad and I couldn't produce enough eggs to have babies bc my menstrual cycle was effected also bc of my weight...but slowly my weight went up from help of a therapist and now im preggers!! But I mean all pregger moms have to deal with feeling not cute when pregnant I mean I live right down the street from the beach and I feel so blah and I get uncomfy when I see girls in bathing suits but my husband I think is aware of it and reassures me it does help when u have a support system but thr body issue is your journey that u have to overcome also :))
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers