Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Provera & Clomid to conceive

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Provera & Clomid to conceive

Is anyone taking Provera & Clomid to conceive?
I'm taking both these prescription because I'm trying to have a baby. I have problems getting my period/ovulation which is why I was prescribed both medication.
August was my first month TTC #1.  I was prescribed Provera to induce my period and Clomid to take CD5-9.  I am currently in my 2WW.
I am also! They gave me provera last month to start my period. (I am VERY irregular and don't have a period very often.) Then I started clomid. I just finished my first month of clomid. I am not pregnant but I did start my period on my own this month so I won't need the provera again. But... I think its a good sign that I am ovulating and starting my period on my own with such a low dosage of clomid. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow to get all the blood work done and my next month of clomid! Good luck Silly Renee and Racnpc!!!!!! I hope you get your BFP this month!
I can't wait to start my CD5-9. I have one more pill of Provera to take tomorrow and starting my CD5-9 and taking a ovulation test at my doctor's office on day 21 to see if I ovulate.
I can't wait to take the ovulation test!!!!
Please keep me posted on your progress . Good Luck :) xoxo
Good Luck Tiff219!! Keep us posted!!

hi girls! sorry i wasn't on! tiff that gives me such hope.  my cycle before my provera was 126 days! so even if this round doesnt result in a pregnancy hopefully it will jump start my period :)  I am on CD18 and 5 DPO...so here's hoping!
Silly Renee- Yeah... My periods are like that too... VERY far apart! But yeah the doctor said that I did not quite "get an egg" this month. But he said that I was SO close to ovulating on my own that he is very encouraged! And he said that starting my period on my own on CD 33 was a very good sign also. He increased the dosage to 100mg a day on CD 5-9 (I was on 50mg last month CD 5-9). So we will see! :)
That all sounds encouraging. I started my first time on Provera this month hoping it will help us conceive. We have been TTC for over 8 months now with no luck...everything seems normal but last month I didn't ovulate until CD 24 and that was really late for me. Wish you all the best! I will let you know how this month turns out. I'm only on CD 9 though...
Do anyone know if you take provera and clomid and you don't concieve (conceive) that month will you get our period or will I have to take provera again so far I took 2 test and they came back negative Im only 1 day late im hoping I just tested too soon
Good Luck Everyone!
Pls i need some advise..

I am really have irregular period and my doc gave me a provera and clomid last May I start provera on May 1st and clomid on may 5 but still dont have a period i took PT but still negative..could someone pls give an advise.. Thanks to all
If im not mistaking- after you take provera  your supposed to start your cycle. If you dont start- i would suggest you go to your doctor. Most of the research ive done and what ive inquired from my OB/GYN  is clomid is takin between the 3rd and 5th day of the menstral cycle. then 5-7 days after is when ovulation occurs. Im not a doctor and i could very well be wrong- just sharing what ive been going by.   :)    hope this helped...  but remember  if you take provera its supposed to bring on your period... if you dont start-  call the doc!     fingers crossed   good luck!    
ive been on clomid my first cycle its dosent work and i dont have my period . during 15 days. the following days i see my doctor he put me on provera for 6 days. you  guys think its enough to bring my period back?
hi guys im about to take my 5 days clomid this 12 midnight since i had my period 12 midnight after i took provera lol. my menstruation was so heavy that my napkins cant even hold it and thanks God today its slowing wow i think its the best time. I hope my very period will make me pregnant!!!