Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Question for the mommies :)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Question for the mommies :)

Just a question for the mommies who have had kids before or for those mommies who just had a baby.
How did you feel before going into labor? Like were you restless, cranky, more cramps than normal, ect???
I am soo paranoid that I won't notice when I go into labor so I am curious to hear about your stories.
Also I am 34 weeks 5 days and getting super excited to meet my little one :)
first off congrats !! I'v been induced with all my babies and will be with the one i'm carrying know , but I do know that i alway loose my mucas plug , theres alot of pressure down there and your pelvic bones will start to hurt , you get this amazing burst of energy where you just clean and get whatever needs done done and well if you go into labor naturally you will start having contractions regularly that can be timed and if your water breaks well get to the hospital pronto. Good luck
Im wondering that too lol. Im 33w5d and been starting to get menstrual like cramps lately.
With my first I felt a little uncomfy for 2 hours, at midnight I got up to call nurse on call as the pain had got more intence. She said I didnt need to go into hospital yet, then boom it was full on within a minute. Nurse was still on the phone, I screamd and calld my partner she told him to get me to hosy asap.
I was 2 days early, had no idea I was going into labor. My mum however knew. She said to everyone but me that it mite be a long night. I had 3 fish oil tabs that night and bacon and eggs for tea. But im not sure if the oil made my contractions so full on. I had to travell an hour to hospital. But was a shortish labor thank god!!
My first, i was 34w and i got up in the morning, my water broke. Not the gush... It was a bit here, a bit there. I waited till my mom did her hair since she couldnt leave the house. I didnt feel much till i was crowning.. then i felt the rip. But it wasnt bad. I knew the pain was worth my angel, and it didnt last long... The doc said i was really lucky to not feel them. And it helped being calm... Im being induced today.. for my second. 37w 4d.  Good luck. Tvs bringing home baby is great to watch. I expected everything to b much worse. But alot better.
I went to bed completely fine, woke up at 2am to strongggg contractions, I had NO idea it was coming, haha, and you probably won't either, but you'll know when you're in labor. If you try to sleep through them and they're too painful, then it's probably real labor!
nothing really happened to me with my first... i lost my mucus plug at about 3:30 pm on Sept 5th, and started having contractions that night during dinner.  Went to the hospital at 8:30pm and had my son 3:23 am.  

With my second however.... for an entire week, I would wake up at 4:30am to go pee.  I knew that one of these days something was going to happen at that time.  And sure enough, my water broke at 4:30am the in the morning and had Jake at 12:01pm.  

Labour is a beautiful yet unpredictable thing!!
With my son I never noticed loosing my plug. I woke up fine that morning but as the day progressed my back hurt more and more. I didnt think much of it til suddenly I felt a lot if pressure like I really needed to pee. I went to the bathroom and I didn't pee but I had water trickle into the toliet. The labor pains became much more intense and we immediately went to the hospital. I really didnt realize my back aches were labor pains until my water broke. My back was always hurting I was so big lol. Labor was smooth and great, I was a 5 when I got to the hospital. Good luck!
I had severe back pain, like so bad I could barely walk, sit, or lay down. Very uncomfortable!
I'm a second time mommy here, and I still really do not know since I was already in the hospital when I was put into labor. Mainly I remember my legs being in a bit of pain from hot spots, and being completely out of it thanks to the sleep aid they had given me the night before. For the most part though, labor did not seem near as bad as others made it out to be to me.
Thank you ladies so far for your comments, it's makes me feel a little better that I will know when it happens.
Keep the stories and comments coming :)
bump
My water broke on Monday June 4th so that weekend i went into MAJOR nesting mode!! & I was eating like double more than i normally did! I was walking everyday for that whole week b4 i had my son also! but i went into a major energy surge i was cleaning and cleaning and i kept thinking of things i needed for him and kept going bk to the store and i had my car s oil change done i had put gas in it i went and detailed it i was on a roll! LOL!  Thinking back this is what happened but i didnt really know i was going in labor just the guy i had been talking to his mother was like oh she s fixing to have that baby! but on Monday i woke up not feeling any different and when i went to go pee i thought i had finished when i felt this gush and when i stood up there was more and when i put a pad on like the ER instructed to do it went even more so and thats when my family said get going LOL!  I was paranoid also but when that happened i knew it was time it was the day b4 my due date and my son was born right on his EDD!!