Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Worried all the time...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Worried all the time...

Okay, so lately I have been EXTREMELY emotional. I cannot figure it out. Just talking about it right now makes me want to cry. (I am 21 weeks) Anyway, the past 2 days I have been having really bad stretching pains in my lower left side. I was listening to the baby's heartbeat last night and it just didn't sound like it normally does. It almost seemed like you would hear 2 or 3 beats and then half a beat and it would keep repeating that. I was so freaked out! Even my husband thought it was a little strange. Maybe it was the baby moving a certain way or something blocking the sound? So I did it again this morning and it sounds completely normal again. I am just debating whether or not I should call the midwife and be checked out. The baby moves normally and everything, I am just trying to figure this out. Thanks for any advice! I appreciate it.
If you are worried, regardless of whether you really need to or not, I think you should get it checked on just to alleviate suspicions you have. if you don't get it checked out or get an answer for it, you'll keep worrying about it, right?
i think your baby is fine to put your mind at rest do you midwife would agree to do a trace on the baby for say half an hour to check the rhythm but it is most likly to have been what ever wat it was lying bit talk to your midwife
Well Chantal, I am no expert on pregnancy as you know, I come to you for advice for a lot of things.  But I think that you should call your midwife for a check-up, just to be safe and not only that but so that you feel better.  I have no idea about heartbeats and why it was doing that, but I just thought I'd stop by and say I hope that your baby is doing fine and you're not alone. Stay strong!!
okay thanks! maybe I will just call the midwife so I can stop worrying. With 2 miscarriages this year, I am still worried even though I am half way through now. I also forgot to mention when I woke up this morning, I had such a bad pain in my side, I couldn't even stand up. I had to lay back down until it went away. Do stretching pains ever get like that?
I'm sure your fine, but i agree, if you are really worried and can't hurt to get checked out.  Its very normal to worry alot and be very emotional during pregnancy.  Personally i think i am starting my 'emotional" period, now b/c i have been on the verge of tears a lot lately.
Thanks! =) I will call the midwife now. Just never experienced anything like it before. I'm sure I am fine and my husband keeps telling me I am fine, but I continue to worry anyway! I know it's not good or healthy for the baby for me to be like this.
yeh or the baby could have been lying funny when i was pregnant with my first if i lay on my side all night the bump would be of centre in the morning or she would lay on a nerve and it would be so sore i used to move her my going on all fours and putting my head down you look silly but it worked
That's interesting. I will have to remember that!
I'm sure its nothing to worry yourself about but you should just call to ease your own mind...thats what they are there for...Chill girlie...You and that lil baby will be just fine!
can't hurt to get it checked out
Thanks! I just tried to call, but they are out to lunch I guess. They will be back at 2. So I will try to be patient! hehe. =)
Okay, I do worry too much. the midwife put my mind at ease. =) She said sometimes you can pick up different things on the doppler, like it could have been on the cord, it could have been the placenta, anything. But she said everything I described to her sounded okay and if I wanted to I could make an appt. for monday or just wait until Jan 7 and she will listen to the heart a little bit longer than normal. Thanks ladies!! =)
See...Relax...Do some yoga...LOL
lol! that's actually a good idea. I need to start exercising again. I love doing pilates. =)