Pregnancy 18-24 Community
abortion at 13 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

abortion at 13 weeks

i had a abortion wednesday, my boyfriend does not know and i want to make it seem like i had a miscarriage, if i go to my regular doctor today will she know i had a abortion??
You should tell her for safety reasons.
you should tell her.  she legally cannot tell anyone so I wouldn't worry that way.  good luck.
its always advisable be open to ur doctor regarding ur medical history, so that she can help in the most better way.
why would you lie to him? he has the right to know the truth....going for an abortion without him is your right, but hiding the truth just seems cruel.

With that said...your doctor needs to know about this. Who did the abortion? most likely they sent papers to your general practitioner to keep with your permanent file, so she probably already knows.
i agree with previous poster i mean he has every right to know the truth exspecually if it was his baby to & y would you want to act like you lost the baby when you chose to!!! it's kinda not far to him or to the baby you aborted with you telling a lie
It isn't my place to judge but it makes me sad that you are acting like you had a miscarriage and really aborted it.
Does he know you were pregnant?  I'm sad that you felt an abortion was the answer to your pregnancy. However if you felt it was the right thing to do, then you should be honest with him. If you think he'll be upset,  that's something you needed to consider before you made the decision without consulting him. Being a sexually active adult means you are ready to make these kind of choices and deal with the repercussions of either having a child or having an abortion.  In the future your gyno will need to know about the abortion. Especially if you have another pregnancy later in life. I've heard of some women having issue with pre-term labor after abortions. I don't know if its true, but wanted to share.
I am not sure what to comment dear... and i also not here to judge... but reading this post make my tears drop so badly... :(( you must be facing difficulties to end up with that choice... but to my situation its something really hurt actually as i am so badly wanted to become a mommy and just nearly 3weeks ago i facing stil birth to my lovely baby Aidan and now i am walking zombie... :(( so dear it's your called to did the abortion at the 1st place i don't think thats more easy then comfort your bf or nurse about pretend m/c anywhere... forgive my words if there is any of it offends you... i am not meant it... take care yourself...

Rachel
I would like to say if she felt abortion was her best option that's her choice and she doesn't need anyone's approval not even her boyfriends. If she doesn't want anyone to know that's also her choice! Abortion is hard and if hiding it is what helps her then so be it. I don't think anyone walks around after an abortion with a sign on their neck proud of it. Btw where you had the procedure will not send anything to your Dr unless you signed a release giving them permission but most places that offer that procedure know its a very private decision and don't ask you to sign a release unless you ask them. Also many women who haven't had abortions have trouble w pre-term labor so don't worry about when you are ready for children. Good luck to you and stay protected so you wont have that decision again, its hard. Prayers for you.
Sweets, its ur american right. And u did what you felt u had to do. Ladys yall dont know, why or reasoning...

U can do anything. I would tell ur doc. Tell her that he dont know. And tell her why. She can help. K if u wanna chat with me leave me a message. K. Good luck
I agree with codi bear i have to say.. although i can see where people may find it wrong.. but we dont no the situation and why ... you dont have to tell your doc if she dosnt no then she wouldnt no any better she wouldnt be able to tell..  but you prob should tell her just incase for any reason she might need to no.. you should have signed something saying if you wanted your doctor to be informed or not.. but for your general well being i'd tell her.. unless you cant!.. but she cant tell him
Abortion is a very difficult decision and everyone who has one has their reasons...i had one 20 years ago as a young teen and i still struggle with it to this day. It took a long time for my to even acknowledge to myself it happened. That being said...i had pre-term labor with my daughter and my cervix is screwy...but i deserve it.

As far as telling your drs...i would...they cant tell anyone and if you get an infection or something like that they will be able to properly treat...as far as your boyfriend thats a tough one...i feel like its a karma issue if you lie about miscarriage...maybe just choose your wording carefully...good luck sweetheart :/
This is a touchy topic..I don't believe in abortions but I'm not here to judge u. I don't know you to be able to judge you. But I agree with pp. It would be best if u did tell your doctor so she can keep track of your health records for if you were to get pregnant in the future.  And it you happen to get an infection they could properly treat you ....as for your bf. I would...I couldn't hide a secret like that. It would probably eat me alive. It was his baby too.  A miscarriage is a very horrible and traumatic thing to go through. I had one and still cry over it. Just sit him down when u r ready and talk to him. Good luck