Pregnancy 18-24 Community
accuracy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

accuracy

how accurate are ultra sounds when performed after 15 weeks? i no that i had a period the end of january which was normal, i bled another two times in feb but hardly anything and only lasted a day or two,my due date i been given works my lmp out to be on the 12th feb on wards but i no that my last real period was end of january,is there a chance the ultra sound could be out by a week or two and that i conceived erlier than what my due date suggests? please help xxx
They're normally pretty accurate but it is possible to be off by a week or two as well. If your last period was at the end of January you would have ovulated a week or two after that putting conception in or near Febuary. Due dates and conception dates are usually not important unless you're trying to figure out paternity. If this is the case, you would be best off with a DNA test.
i no that i was def on my period either the sat 23rd jan or sat 30th january as i came on when i was goin out and wasn happy lol so to me i shld of ovulated around the time that my my ultrasound sugggested wen my last period was.
Ultrasounds are more accurate than a HCG beta test... When I had my bloodwork done in Urgent care at 6 weeks it was saying I was 4 or 5 weeks... But the ultrasound showed that I was 6 almost 7 weeks.... So Ultrasounds are more accurate than blood work.
i haven had this hcg thing done,only 2 ultra sounds,goin by my last real period i should be a week or two further than ultrasound said?
Why did you have a scan after 15 weeks.did you have a dating scan at 12 weeks.this is what they do in the uk.I agree scans can be off by a week or so.due to them not knowing exactly when we ovulated.i would agree conception occured during febuary.the slight bleeding you had in feb was most likly implantation bleeding.this isnt common,but does happen.
no only one at 15 then my 20 week one, wen i went to my doctors wen i took a test she sed she sorted out a datin scan and had to wait for a letter with the details,this letter never come,neither did the midwife so i complained and complained for weeks worrying as at the time i wasn sure if keeping the baby was wat i wnted,wen i went fr my scan she sed i was 15 weeks by ultra sound but wen i wrked out my dates my period was erlier than what thy sed goin by ultrasound
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers