Pregnancy 18-24 Community
family issues

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

family issues

any one out there having trouble with a  son not calling me or texting or wanting to stay in contact, prob because of his controlling girlfriend
He might just not be that good at keeping in touch.  Lots of males are not.  I knew a family who lost all Grandma's recipes because all the grandkids were boys, and nobody ever bothered to think of writing them down.  Please don't resent the girlfriend for something that might not be her fault.  She might simply be freeing him to do what he prefers to do (or not do) and selfish though that is, it could be more him than her.
My big brother is being very distant as well :( he didn't call me for my b day, didn't come to my baby shower and didn't show up to my moms for thanksgiving...I call and leave msg but he doesn't return the calls. I know he's ok because my mom spoke to him not to long ago, but he'll go for months without contacting us at all. I really miss him though, especially now that I'm almost at the end of my pregnancy. And he had two beautiful girls that I haven't even seen since aug :(
My dad and his brother see each other once in five years, if that.  I do not think that their wives are preventing them from getting together.  A lot of times guys just don't run their social lives in the same way women would.  
And worst of all is setting how sad mt mom gets. She calls and txt him too with no luck at getting a response. So I have to visit more often so she won't feel completely abandoned, which is hard seeing as I'm on partial bed rest. Hate to say it, but I too have a strong feeling it's because of his wife :(