Pregnancy 18-24 Community
low HCG levels rising,. but not doubling (NOT ECTOPIC!!!!)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

my hcg level went from 4,600 FEB1 to 5.600 FEB8, 2012
the doctor is kinda forcing a DNC,. saying there is NO CHANCE,. i am about 4 weeks pregnant,. IT IS NOT ECTOPIC,. i just got an ultrasound at 11:30 this morning,. i am so scared and very concerned i will loose my unborn.... any answers?? please help!!!!!!
the doctors are being so doubtful because i have not doubled regularly
Wow...switch drs immediately...at four weeks your baby is still implanting and if you ovulated late...your numbers are higher than mine were at my first appt and i was 4w2d...i went for sono at 6w...no heartbeat...went back a week later...and everything was fine. Now i'm 17w3d...but there really is no reason to get sooooo stressed out...its bad for you and the baby. They cant really do much in the first trimester to prevent miscarriage anyway so best to try and relax...minimize your stress.
The fact that they hardly rose in 7 days is pretty concerning. I'd ask for a repeat in 48 hours of your blood work and an ultrasound to see if anything changed. When was your last period?
It's too early to see anything even in the tubes. So they can't outrule ectopic. My dr told me if the levels get over 10 thousand than its not ectopic. I would wait another week because at four weeks my hcg levels were the same and all they seen was a sac. The us tech told me she thought I was having a blighted ovum. Went to my appointment a few days ago and everything was fine and I could see my little baby moving.
I would ask for a repeat blood count and then another ultrasound in 2 weeks at 6 weeks pregnant. You will see a heart beat if it's going to be a viable pregnancy at that time.
my periods are VERY irregular,... it was like 5 months ago,. BUT i got tested JAN 3,. ZERO LEVELS,. so i am def early in,. but there not doubling,. only rose 1,000 in 1 week,. it is so alarming AND EXTREMLY SCARY =(
RACHEL,.THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK!!!!!!!! THEY DID AN INTERNAL VAGINAL  ULTRASOUND THIS MORNING,. THEY SAW MY OVARIES AND THE LITTLE SAC *IN MY UTERUS**,. SO IT IS (DEFINETLY) NOT ECTOPIC!
IM REPEATING THE BLOOD SUNDAY,. I AM JUST PRAYING AND PRAYING MY UNBORN WILL SURVIVE,. THE DOCTORS ARE BEING SO NEGATIVE I CANT BREATHE EAT SLLEP OR ANYHTING,. AND I HAVE A 3 YEAR OLD,. I AM SO CRAZY RIGHT NOW MY MIND IS MUSH!
yes brittny,. thanks alot!!!!! i am definetly repeating all the tests,. it is on priority,.. got a test FEB1 FEB 8 TODAY (waiting on results) and this sunday.. its just crazy cuz the doctor is SOOOOOO negative,. he is insisting on DNC im like HUHHHHHH??? like seriously i read 85% of women whose HCG do not rise will miscarry and only 15% of women will have a normal pregnancy,. all women are different and i know this is alarming,..... i read it on WEB MD,.... i am just making myself so sick over this! ughhhh i wish there was an easier solution,... guess God has his own plans,. cant mess with fate =/
omg Buggie,. first of all i cant stress how thankful i am to get your response! you put me at total ease , even tho things arent looking so great,.... i am getting a second opinion defffff!!! i called this morning (other obgyn 2nd opinion doc) 9AM on the DOT and they said they will call me and review my ultrasound/bloodwork as soon as they get it (thank god they r affiliated) so there wont be alot of running around signing to release etc,......!! i love that i can get feeback from other women who are going thru or have knowledge of what im going thru,. all i can do is pray and NOT DWELL ON THE WORST~!
thanks so much!!!!!!
If its not an ectopic the most it could be was a blighted ovum and that will not hurt your body at all to wait it through. That is weird that the numbers didn't double but I wouldn't give up hope. You should go to the misdiagnosed miscarriages.
it's too late now
I started miscarrying last night
I am deeply saddened =**[[[[[
Im so sorry for your loss :(
im so very sorry hun. my prayers are with you.
going today to get a DNC
THE DOCTOR said it will reduce my symptoms by like 90%
I am in so much pain
THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE FAITH AND PRAYERS =\
Praying for you him. I know it hard. Just keep faith. I miscarried last week too. It ***** and it hurts but I am here if you need to talk.
thanks everyone
i got  my DNC yesterday 11:00 AM
I feel 100% BETTER I think n e woman THAT IS experiencing a miscarriage PLZ GET a DNC becauseeeee the 15 minute procedure beats 2-3 weeks of extreme pain and bleeding!!!!!!!!!!!
I am only spotting now and feel very good (health wise) I am still depressed anxious sad crying but time will heal all wounds =\