Pregnancy 18-24 Community
maybe pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

maybe pregnant?

this is the question i posted yesterday...

right so i did a test at around 11.30 this morning, it wasnt my first wee of the day (sorry for over informing :)), the test came up positive, it was a bit faint though. before i tell my boyfriend i maybe pregnant i decided i would do another. i did one about 10 mins ago and the line that says if its positive has pretty much disapeared theres just a "light shaddow". i lined the test i did this morning up with this test and the shaddow is in line with the line on the positive test. can anyone tell me wat this means? am i likely to be pregnant or was the first test a false positive? :S x

by the way my i dont no if my period is late im due on in 2 days, i just couldnt wait to do a testright so i did a test at around 11.30 this morning, it wasnt my first wee of the day (sorry for over informing :)), the test came up positive, it was a bit faint though. before i tell my boyfriend i maybe pregnant i decided i would do another. i did one about 10 mins ago and the line that says if its positive has pretty much disapeared theres just a "light shaddow". i lined the test i did this morning up with this test and the shaddow is in line with the line on the positive test. can anyone tell me wat this means? am i likely to be pregnant or was the first test a false positive? :S x

by the way my i dont no if my period is late im due on in 2 days, i just couldnt wait to do a test...

i did another test this morning and it still came up like a light shaddow, this time my sister read it before i did n she said that it definately was a line on the positive side of the test. my period is due tomorrow so surely i shud have enough hormones in my body to make the test a definate positive with a pink line? just wantin a few ideas as to what this could mean before i go to the docs. ta
double pasted there sorry...
Maybe. No one can say for sure. Some women take longer to get the hormone built up in their body and some show up really fast. I was 7 weeks pregnant before I showed anything on a pregnancy test. If you want to retest in the morning you can, but waiting a few more days might be enough time to build up enough HCG in your urine to show a better positive. It's up to you really.
A Positive is a positive no matter how light or dark the line is. You might not be that far gone which is why it is so light??
So I suggest you see your GP and explain and they will do a blood test and check your HCG levels as these are more accurate!

Good Luck

xx
right, how long does it take hormones to leave the body after having an abortion? i had one like 2 months ago, i couldnt still have hormones in my body from then could i? tht could explain y the test is showin up so light? x
Its takes 3 Weeks. You should of tested 3 weeks after that, and if it was still pos then, there may have been a chance they didnt remove it properly. It explains it in a booklet you shouldve got.. After my Termination I had at 22 weeks My Hormones went down after 3 weeks, my womb took 3 months to heal... Also after Birth, Miscarriges and Terminations the only form of contraception that works is a Condom for 21 days....
I think you should see your doctors today.

x
Also, you CAN get pregnant straight away after a Miscarrige, Termination and Birth.
So if you had unprotected sex straight away there is a chance you got pregnant again straight away!!

I suggest seeing your GP asap, dont worry about your partner (In a nice way) but its best to be 100% before you tell him right??

xx
i did a test like 3 week after it was reeeeaaallllyyy faint so i didnt worry too much about it and iv had a period since then. i no it was removed as i had medical abortion so i actually saw it, worst thing ever! lol n ye im gonna go down to docs now while its still walk-in time :) thanks alot :) xx
I didnt get to see mine, I was put to sleep. and they took it out with forceps and woke up an hour later instead of 10 mins like I was meant too. Whoops. As you've had a period since then, there is a chance its a new one. as you'd still be bloating and stuff, as a medical abortion you have to be over 3 months.
Okay, let me know what happens

x
medical abortion over 3 month? its under 9 week lol after that u'd have to have surgery to remove it n almost had to av surgery. i wa 8 n half week gone. n ye il let u no :) x
My bad i got it mixed up, haha sorry. I was 22 weeks haha. How did it go?

xx
my normal doctor wernt in so made an appointment for tmz tea time....right drag. i just wanna no now lol x
I know how you feel. I have decided on Monday I am going to the Hospital and saying all weekend I have had really bad stomach cramps and some bleeding and hope they Scan me as I cant wait untill JULY! LOL!

Now thats taking the p!ss!

xx
july? frig me i wa complainin about havin to wait till tmz lol....u worried about ur pregnancy then?
trust it to happen to me now, iv been doin EVERYTHIN i shouldn't. even had my hand pierced n the guy said he couldnt do it if i were pregnant :S whoops! lol x
haha, dont worry I got tattoos the first time! MY BAD! haha. Erm yeah I had bleeding at 8 wks was only some but still and they never thought to check it, My GP is going to ring me tomorrow and im going to go MAD! because its being done at the hospital I DONT want it to be done at! some days I dont feel pregnant some I do. I havent for the last 3 days untill now, My symptoms have gone and stuff! tomorrow on the phone I will mention I have had very sharp pains for the past 3 days (I havent) and that I havent been able to walk because of them, and there has been some bleeding again on and off... :) see if I can go in tomorrow! Cause this is a JOKE! I havent had my first scan yet! and in my first (in which i terminated) I got tattoos (my mum doesnt know as I was 16) I got piercings, I dyed my hair 12 times, I had 37 xrays! WHOOOOOPS

xx
id do same if i wa u then, if thats only way there gonna do it! just think though if it wa someone who actually worked for hospital they'd be straight in to be seen. stuff like that makes me mad...
if i am pregnant theres nooo way id be able to have another abortion, it wa worst day of my life!
il av to get stud cut back out my hand cos itl just end up gettin ripped out anyway...30 squid down drain only ad it a week aswell lol
i wa feelin same symptoms as last time yest, thats y i did a test. wantin to throw up wen i smell garlic mayo, normally i have it on everythin lol x
Awh Bless, I kept mine in Sod that haha. LOL! I was put into labour... it was horrible 6 hours of contractions and then i was put to sleep! LOL! but didnt wake up untill an hour or so later... Haha. When i was only meant to be out for 10 mins MY BAD! haha. and yeah its wrong isnt it,and it P!sses me off too. Cause that aint fair and it cost £5 for a friggiing scan photo! OMG I am actually getting stomach pains! Oh crap LOL!
If you;re pregnant you cant eat tooo much mayo and NOT allowed homemade mayo LOL! And Im going and I dont care if they need a GP note. Give a ****... ill be like I can just about walk yeah Ive had on off bleeding all weekend some heavy some not I WANT A SCAN  too see if everrything is okay ALRIGHT! If not my HCG levels take at least or I will file a lawsuit of disrimination!!! or something! haha1 but they wont know im lying mwhahahaha!

xx
haha dont mess with the pregnant lady!!! lol dont think my docs will do much tmz. they dint last time they just gave me a number to fone. NHS is proper **** personally i think they just tell u u are pregnant n leave ya do cope by urself, there just there wen u pop lol
gud luck for tmz anyway :) x
Exactly haha.... and did you know, they dont like it when you ring an Ambulance when you go into Labour?? Because they feel its a waste. LOL! Especially if you have a car and someone to drive you. WTF??

Good Luck to you as well...... if they say something you dont like, be like no I want this this and this... or ill go else where!
Simple!

xx
ha il take that advice, il be comin home knowin how far along i am, wen its due n wat sex it is hahaha i wish!!....dunno y im waitin till tmz to see this doc tbh, wen i first found out last time she wunt do a test for me n based on my periods she told me id be 5-14 weeks....i wa about 2 week gone lol!

u shud ring an ambulance wen u go into labour just to **** em off :) mite make u smile through all the pain ha x
My Gp didnt believe I was even pregnant cause of my MC I think in concieved the same week haha, the hosp rang her and was like this is a new pregnancy she is right with her HCG levels,she knows whatt shes talkin about. And then i went the other day, I washed the salt out my body drinking 7 litres a day.Whoops LOL! and she said im fine... I went home and fainted LOL! haha.
And yeah I will haha, but ill make sure its a false alarm HAHA! just to make it more fun LOL!
AND....if anywhere lets you do a 24 hr test drivel in a car, and you go into labour in the test drive car they give you the car cause they cant sell it again, cause you got placenta all over it! :) But if you;re going to do that, make sure you dont get the car cause if they see you;re about to pop they will click on haha.. get someone else to get it!
x
xx
OMG reallllyy? i need some one whos gonna pop now! i need a new car im soundin like a boy racer agen. mi dad isnt too happy as this is like the 5th time he's ad to fix it in about 3 months cos of my drivin! :)
iv heard of ppl givin birth in shops n gettin a couple of grand in vouchers to spend.
ur doctor sounds as good as mine lol x
yeah apprently if you go into Labour in Mothercare you get a year supply of stuff?? But I dont think thats true?? LOL! Hmm
Oh my SIL went into Labour last night, I duno if my neice is born yet? though hhaha.... could of used her. My mum is buying me a car and giving me lessons. for FREE :) LOL!

and yeah my doctor is shite. LOL! doesnt even send me to the hosp i want! **** head! LOL! And my hosp you have to pay £5 for one scan picture! P!SS TAKE Tbh!

sod that.. ill steal it and run. but you gotta pay before LOL

x
u shud  ask if they accept cheques lol they dont have to no it will bounce ha

think my dad needs to buy me a new car, id love a fully furnished house as well thank-you please! :) x

Haha,,,, i gotta go through the council for my house LOL! My boyfs dad brought my Provisional?? LOL! i dont have a cheque boook and I aint being arrested for this LOL! just for a scan LOL. haha, ill get my boyf pay for it,His baby too LOL!
I gotta carrry the fooker, he can pay LOL

x
ha wish my dad wud buy me a house or give me his but gotta go through council as well, which takes ages, my sisters boyf wa on list for 6 years, they just moved in like 2 month ago ha
bet ya get all kinds of privilages been pregnant. before we decided it wernt right time i had him as my slave! lol x
yeah,,, but you wont get a house untill the baby is born incase you lose it. ... Ahaha.

Mine is a right pain. he is 6 yrs older than me though BUT we have known eachother forever... Our dads were best friends. So yeah, and we've been together like 3 years LOL. We waasnt togethr when I found out i was pregnant the first time.... and he went mad (we was on a break but he met someone else, they lasted 2 weeks) LOL!
You live in England??
when I get big he will be my slave or else! Ill use the OI, im pushing this thing out excuse!
x
I had my termination because i was anorexic I lived in a safe house on the run me and the dad wasnt together, i was on Anti depressants whilst being suicidal... and I was unfit.... I didnt do it because i didnt want it... i was on BC at the time of conception but Antibitotics and my medical treatments conteracted it... and so it didnt work.. i didnt want a baby when i was close to death my self from having a 5 months eating disorder for the 3rd time... Thats not fair...
I wanted to be more stable and in a house where it can be protected not on the run from my step dad who nearly killed my sister... TBH! Thats wrong.. Not very good parenting and NO way am i doing that to a child... and id regret adoption aswell.... so that wasnt an option for me, my mum was adopted and it was the worst time of her life she tried killing herself a number of times through depression of thinking her mum didnt want her. so No thank you TBH!

haha u do right lol id be doin that from the start. wen we found out it was a total shock for both of us....onlly reason we did is because i was goin to docs to change birth control, i wanted the implant ( yeaaa becca) so i had to do a test before i went. i just cried n he looked like a nodding dog about to pass out lol xx
No I thought about it before I spoke. Pregnancy is ALWAYS a possibility when having sex. If you are not ready for a child then maybe you should not be having sex. I am not criticizing anyone. I just dont understand getting pregnant and having an abortion then getting pregnant right after. Makes getting the abortion kinda pointless, right?    
Ladies I understand that this is a really emotional topic, but let's not make it a personal attack on one another. Becca just move on...they're not going to appreciate your point of view even though I'm sure a lot of other people agree with you. I would just not respond to this post anymore.

Jodie:: you have to realize that yes, this is a forum for advice and NOT for being judged. However, a lot of women on this forum have had a tough time conceiving and they find it completely unthinkable that you would abort a pregnancy and get pregnant again by accident shortly after. Regardless of their personal feelings, you deserve to get genuine advice free from any sort of judgment, you're 100% right about that...but I'm just saying, this isn't the friendliest place in the world for people who are pro-abortion.

With that being said...perhaps you and Cassandra would consider taking your conversation to private messages, accessible through your profile? That might solve the problem altogether, because you can discuss your experiences without being judged or criticized, and other women won't feel offended by what you may or may not put.

Either way...please don't argue about it ladies. there are strong feelings on both sides of the argument of abortion, but it's all irrelevant because you NEVER know what it's like to be in someone's shoes. you never know what it feels like to have an abortion when you haven't had one, and you never know that it feels like to see someone talk calmly about having an abortion when you've had trouble conceiving or losing babies that you desperately want.
Its okay... haha,
And okay, Im sorry for the way I put things, but the way you said it did upset me alot, and i would have rather you personal messaged me about your opinion. I am sorry for what I said. But I dont like it when people Judge me for my choice in life, I believe it was right by my baby and myself as I was very ill, and wouldnt of done it. I am sorry!

But next time, and if you have anything to ask about my termination, nicely, I will be happy to Answer in a personal message!

Sorry!
anyways, Jodie, if you asked nicely im sure your dad will buy you a car?

x

haha i think he defo should, a brand new shiny one lol x
YES! I want a shiny car.. LOL! cause my mum is a driving instructor I get free lessons, im automatically on her insurance anyways. AND my other half is putting me on his 2 litre GOLF GTI... Idiot

x
omg really? i want a golf! ur so lucky lol my boyfriend cant drive so im his taxi driver :/ thats how iv done my car in speedin over speed bumps tryin to get him to work on time!

so technically he shud buy me a car! haha xx
haha, but hes going on my car too, so im going to get one he wont drive LOL! he wants an Subraru... (I cant spell) I live next to a garage for themm he actually dribbles LOL. well the garage has gone now.. I tell him when my photography is up and running and I get lots of dosh you'll get your stupid car :) OMG im actually falling asleep. My boyf has just got in from work LOL. His brother is gona be a dad soon.. his GF has been in labour 26 hours!

x
wwwaaaatttt 26 hours? as if lol n i no i dint even realise time, wen my boyf decides to learn how to drive is the day pigs fly. hes got it too easy with me! lol

anyway im gonna get off na, been nice talkin to ya n ta for the advice :) xx
haha... yeahh, she still hasnt given birth yet... Mines a bus driver LOL!

Nice talking to you... Causing trouble LOL!

Good luck tomorrow, let me know how you get on LOL

xx