Pregnancy 18-24 Community
milk
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

milk

So lately whenever i drink milk my tummy gets upset, sometimes hurts. Could the baby be lactoseintollerent like bd? Should i try soy milk?
Related Discussions
10 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1399033_tn?1395940058
I couldn't handle milk while I was pregnant. It made me sick and my stomach hurt. I would ask your doctor what else you could do if milk makes you sick. You can eat block cheese if you can't handle the milk. Which is what I did.
Blank
202436_tn?1326477933
At this point the baby can't be lactose intolerant because s/he isn't ingesting the milk.  Baby is still getting all the nutrients through blood.  Most likely it's just a hormonal change in your body causing the sensitivity.  It wouldn't hurt to try soy milk or almond milk.  
Blank
Thank u :)
Blank
1330108_tn?1333680904
The baby can't be intolerant or allergic at this point but you may be or it could be just a strange pregnancy symptom for you
Blank
1868604_tn?1346462262
I can't do milk either. Cause me bad case of bloating and gas.  Warm soy milk seem to agree with my tummy tho.
Blank
1911870_tn?1345422609
I can't drink much milk, or ice cream, or anything that has too muxh dairy in it. I'm not lactose intolerlant, but I believe I am allergic to some kind of homormone in the dairy. I was told to eat lots of yogurt and cheese. Soy milk also works well for me.
Blank
1486020_tn?1354032075
You can try soy or if you don't like the taste of soy, there's a milk called Lactaid that is regular milk but lactose free. I've been having problems with dairy too since becomming pregnant and we use that- no more painful aftermath!
Blank
Sound like you have either developed lactose intolerance or will only have it while pregnant. I drank milk while I was pregnant buy had to stop while nursing bc my daughter is lactose. Dairy passes thru mother's milk.
Blank
Sound like you have either developed lactose intolerance or will only have it while pregnant. I drank milk while I was pregnant buy had to stop while nursing bc my daughter is lactose. Dairy passes thru mother's milk.
Blank
Well with my first daughter i couldnt handle milk either.  And when she was born she was intolerant.   The only one of my children so far that is.   She had to be put on soy milk/formula so she would hold down her food.   so it may not have much to do with ur baby now.  But i guess mine was on the off chance
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pregnancy 18-24 Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank