Pregnancy 18-24 Community
milk

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

milk

So lately whenever i drink milk my tummy gets upset, sometimes hurts. Could the baby be lactoseintollerent like bd? Should i try soy milk?
I couldn't handle milk while I was pregnant. It made me sick and my stomach hurt. I would ask your doctor what else you could do if milk makes you sick. You can eat block cheese if you can't handle the milk. Which is what I did.
At this point the baby can't be lactose intolerant because s/he isn't ingesting the milk.  Baby is still getting all the nutrients through blood.  Most likely it's just a hormonal change in your body causing the sensitivity.  It wouldn't hurt to try soy milk or almond milk.  
Thank u :)
The baby can't be intolerant or allergic at this point but you may be or it could be just a strange pregnancy symptom for you
I can't do milk either. Cause me bad case of bloating and gas.  Warm soy milk seem to agree with my tummy tho.
I can't drink much milk, or ice cream, or anything that has too muxh dairy in it. I'm not lactose intolerlant, but I believe I am allergic to some kind of homormone in the dairy. I was told to eat lots of yogurt and cheese. Soy milk also works well for me.
You can try soy or if you don't like the taste of soy, there's a milk called Lactaid that is regular milk but lactose free. I've been having problems with dairy too since becomming pregnant and we use that- no more painful aftermath!
Sound like you have either developed lactose intolerance or will only have it while pregnant. I drank milk while I was pregnant buy had to stop while nursing bc my daughter is lactose. Dairy passes thru mother's milk.
Well with my first daughter i couldnt handle milk either.  And when she was born she was intolerant.   The only one of my children so far that is.   She had to be put on soy milk/formula so she would hold down her food.   so it may not have much to do with ur baby now.  But i guess mine was on the off chance