Pregnancy 18-24 Community
pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

pregnancy

I have hernia after my pregnancy and my tummy did not go back to its shape before pregnancy .around my navel is very painful, its like the hernia is growing bigger
Hernias can be removed surgically and if it is causing pain and discmfort I would suggest to have that done asap. I am worried same will happen to me because I am carrying twins and am already 38 weeks along and my belly has lots of stretch marks :-( There's always tummy tuck that you can choose to have done if funds available. I am seriously considering that if it looks really bad after birth. Go to the website "The shape of a mother". I like their inspiring stories and brave pictures and how women are not ashamed of their bodies <3
First off they dont remove a hernia, they repair it...but yes you should go to the Dr and discuss your options, especially if your feeling discomfort... majority of hernia repairs are done in day surgery, they are very common and are basically a routine surgery for a lot of Drs...

and yes hernias can become bigger... its a defect in the abdominal wall that usually holds back whats inside (could be intestines, fat, or other internal organs) the hole may become bigger letting more out, but it also runs the risk that something (say intestines) can push out and have the blood supply to them cut off which then becomes serious(and needs surgery ASAP)... but some people may have a hernia their whole entire lives and live with them with no complications...

i think you should talk to your Dr and learn the risks of both living with it or getting surgery to repair so you know your options... Good luck!
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers