Pregnancy 18-24 Community
protein in my urine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

protein in my urine

Hey ladies!!  i went to my doc yesterday for a regular prenatal appointment, and he noticed that i have signs of protein in my urine. i have to go for another urine test today. what exactly does this mean? i know that it is a sign of pre-eclampsia and i have been swollen a lot lately. other then that i feel fine. do i need to be more cautious about what im eating??
i would...stay away from salt!!! Thats bad for pre-eclampisa!! It drive your blood pressure up through the roof! ive been having protien in my urine sence my first prenatal and im almost 20 weeks....nothing yet for me tho..still no swelling and my blood pressure is still good so...fingers crossed!! And as for you the swelling could be just that your containing extra water..lol..that tends to happen to us women also while were pregnant!! As if we dont already get enough!! haha..good luck..how far along are you anyways! ?
I had protein in my urine at 32 weeks and they said they thought it was because I was not drinking enough water and could be dehydrated.  They had me come back in 2 weeks to check as it could be a sign of pre-eclampsia.  I had my appointment yesterday and no protein.  The big sign of pre-eclampsia is high blood pressure so they will want to continue to check you for that.  So make sure you are drinking a lot of water!
i am 31 weeks, due september 17th. my bloodpressure has been prefect throughout the whole pregnancy. i started to swell a couple months ago off and on. the swelling is getting so bad now that i cant wear shoes. i have been wearing mens slip on slippers. lol... and even they get snug when im swollen. my fingers get huge everyday too. it doesnt hurt.. its just very uncomfortable. i went for my urinalysis today at lunch, and if i hear from my doc tomorrow, its not a good sign. so i just have to wait and see.
Your doctor should do some blood work, to check for common abnormalities that often present with pre-eclampsia, or pregnancy induced hypertension.  Protein in the urine does not diagnose this syndrome.

Headaches that aren't relieved by Tylenol?  Blurred vision?  Pain in your upper right ribcage?  Those are other symptoms.  

Swelling of the feet is common in virtually every pregnant woman.  Swelling in the hands and face is more concerning.  

Hopefully, its nothing.  
i get a lot of headaches, but i always have.. for years. my ribs have been very sore... mostly on my left side, and my hands are swollen as well. my doc left today for holidays for 2 weeks. so im not sure if one the the receptionists will call me about my results or if the whole office shut down... ill have to give them a call tomorrow or monday.