Pregnancy 18-24 Community
questions about tubes tied and possible pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

I had my tubes tied almost 5 years ago. I got my period in Jan. i wanna say it was between the 14th and the 20th(can't remember exact day it started) and i never got one in Feb. I started with some brownish mucus discharge around the 18th of march, then on the 20th of march, had some bleeding but only when i wiped. I put a pad on just to be on the safe side, thought i was starting, and it never came, nothing on the pad. the blood stopped the next day and the brown mucus continued for another day or two.

I have had some nausea, but not actual vomiting. Been extremely tired lately and have gained some weight. I know with pregnancies after the first you are more likely to start getting symptoms sooner then with the first, this would be my third child. i heard if u have a tubal when u have c-section u have higher chance of getting pregnant then if u had it done after birth.

Took two tests and both were negative so still wondering what is going on.  Anyone please help with any insight....
well i am basically going through the same thing . i had my tubes tied almost 4 years  ago . i got my period in january and a lil in february . but as for  this month not at all . so im feeling dizziness , nausea and bloated and having mood swings . so i had my tubes tied right after my c section and i no it is a better chance for us to get pregnant but can be eptopic . so i took 2 or 3 pregnany test at home and went to the ob to have blood and urine done . they all came out negative but still feeling everything. my doctor also did a pelvic so they could see my uerus and my tubes . so i waiting for them results but it is posible we can carry full term our tubes can grow back together so just keep your hopes  up and let me know how things go
sound like an ovarian cyst! getting your tubes tied reaks havoc on your body. The dr's do nto tell you the risks at all before hand. You can develope Psot tubal ligation syndrom (syndrome) which mine started around 4 years after. My body thought I was goign into menopause and it was horrible. What ever you do don't worry about the cycst and they are painful but nothing to worry about! No matter waht some dr's say. Also using birth control to help them will make the hormaone probelms worse as your body can no longer pass the hormones from your ovaries to your uterus the way they should be. I got a tubal reversal and was great afterwards, now am 26 weeks pregnant but that was the plan too. I will now use basal body temp to not get pregnant and never get the surgery again!!!!! Look up POst tuabl ligation syndrome. I was dianised by three obgyns and two specialist. I had cysts painful periods, low sex drive, loss of hair, weight gain that could not be controlled by diet or exercise. ( I did loose some of it before I got pregnant right after the surgery) depression and mood swings but mine were not bad as some, headaches, mid cycles spotting, low progesterone, thyriod problems got worse and I think there were some others but I can't remember right now.
I had my tubes tied 5 years ago after a c section and was told that the process I had there was practically no chance for them to grow back together - burnt and cut.  I had unprotected intercouse  enough times that if I could have been able to get preggers I would have... I remarried and went through IVF.  The dr gave me the option of trying to connect the tubes again - which he told me could take a year to concieve (conceive) naturally... and there was no guarantee that they would.(I always seem to hear the negative see the above poster for the positive!!!).. the cost was seemed much more reasonable than IVF but IVF is covered through my insurance to a certain extent so we opted for that.  I really wish there was some sort of law from permitting very very pregnant woman in the 20s to consenting to tubal ligation.. seriously - when we are 38 weeks we just want it out and not have to think about it again... I tried to stop them on the table by my EX husband told them to continue that I was under medication and did not know what I was saying.... Thankfully I am expecting a little girl in July with my NEW Husband.. good luck.