Pregnancy 18-24 Community
questions please help ladies :)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

questions please help ladies :)

hey seems this is always where i turn to lately when i need advice since getting into my doctor takes forever... so i went to apointment with my doctor and she reviewed my ultrasound report with me besides no heartbeat at 6 weeks everything was good she said good yolk sack and the fetus measured 6 weeks 2 days and looked good she did say there was a subchronic something in there which explained the bleeding i cant exactly remember what she said as she has a very strong accent and then she sent me for my blood work and urine test i did those on saturday at the hospital but im very confused i thought i was miscarrying but when i bleed it will come bright red very dark and slowly taper off to brown after a day and then stay brown with very very very small clots and is almost gone then all of a sudden it comes back bright red again i had this before at 4 weeks and 6 weeks right before my ultrasound if i am still pregnant id be 7 weeks 5 days and its happening again bleeding but slowly getting lighter im very confused i have a little bit of cramping but nothing truly hurting me and i have not passed any tissue at all yet from the fetus just the small clots and blood... im looking for anyone who has had a miscarriage or this subchronic thing to kinda help me out here is this how your miscarriage went or whats going on im so confused??
I have had five miscarriage and one having to have a d&c.  out of all five miscarriages I only actually saw one fetus.   The rest were mixed in with the clots.  More than likely you will not see the actual fetus because it is so small that you won't tell it's mixed in with a clot.  The one that I saw was maybe the length of a ball point pen.  The tissue on the other hand you may also see and the fetus may be mixed with that.  I typically bleed for 10-20 days after a miscarriage depending on how far along I was.  I did the same with lightening up then heavy...a constant back and forth.  The cramps may be your body trying to rid the fetus.
I have had 3 miscarriages and had a d&c with the first 2 and let the last go naturally. With the last one I was about 9 weeks and I bled for a maybe 2 weeks and passed a bunch of small clots and one large one that when I explained it to my dr said it was probably the fetus. With my current pregnancy I had a subchorionic bleed at 9 weeks that went away at 10 1/2 weeks but I never had any bleeding with it. I do have a friend who had one early in her pregnancy and had thought she was having a miscarriage with the amount of bleeding she had but it finally healed and her daughter is now 1. I would try to relax and have your dr keep a close eye on things. Because of my history with miscarriages I was seeing a fertility specialist and he had me come in every 2 weeks for ultrasounds and my regular ob where I live is now having me come in every month for ultrasounds just to keep an eye on things and keep me from stressing too much. If at your next appt the pregnancy is still viable and you are still bleeding ask about low dose aspirin. My dr put me on that when they found the bleed til I was 12 weeks.
I have had 2 mc's both ending with a D&C. I never saw a fetus just an empty sac and afterwards I bled for about 2 weeks on and off. I got pregnant again very quickly after each mc and had healthy full term pregnancies. Both mc's were at about 8weeks gestation. good luck
Well I had an ultrasound 3 weeks ago and they told me the same thing there is blood sitting on both sides of my baby and she told me that's where the blood is coming from and that everything looked good that is slowly turns solid and goes away. Maybe you should call and speak to your doctors nurse about it. They told me it wouldn't affect the baby at all, just cause some bleeding and discomfort.
hey there did u also have no heartbeat showing ?? how far along are you??
At 6 weeks I had no heart beat but the saw the pole and yolk sack and at 8 weeks we got the heart beat and now at 11 weeks I have a sono in 2 days. I can let you know what they see, hopefully it's all solid now. But my bleeding has finally stopped.
yah thats awesome id love to know im waiting for my results from my hcg to see if they have gone up i soooo hope they do and my bleeding is just on and off again from the SH because i dont cramp very much just sometimes and not bad and my bleeding always taper off to almost gone as in brown blood and then comes back in a gush
That's how mine was and this is prob tmi but it would just fill up the bottom of the toilet and be bright red. I know you said you couldn't really understand the doc but did they tell you to abstain from sex until the bleeding was gone? Mine told me to wait until 2 weeks after the bleeding stopped. I hope all turns out good for you and your little one.
When mine was found they put me on bed rest until it went away and even now at 16 weeks I am not supposed to get overheated and I have to take frequent breaks.
they hadnt heard a heartbeat at 6 weeks 2 days and the doctor i had seen to begin with immediatly old me my baby was dead and to get a d & c i never even saw my ultrasound report till a few days ago at my actual family doctor apt where she told me about the sch and that everything else looked great with the baby(- the HB) and sent me for hcg bloodwork so im just waiting to hear back from her but getting nervous i dont know if im miscarrying because of the bleed and thats making me crazy i have passed no tissue still crazy heartburn and other pregnancy symptoms all i get is litle stringy clots and the red blood that tapers to brown some blood looks almost mucusy
You never get a d&c when they cant find the heartbeat that early, always go back for a second u/s a week or two later as alot of the time its to early to find one, even at 6wks as they way they give you your estimate, can be out by a few days or a week, if they wont give you another u/s blood work is the next option, which you are doing, I would relax (harder said than done I know ) and see if you can get another u/s in a week as well
no i had no intention of going for the d&c i want another opinion of course expecially because of the SCH im just so worried now and havent heard from my doctor its hard they dont understand how we are just sitting here waiting for their call when they put it off another day.... im so worried and scared and have had the worst headache for 3 days i dont know whats going on in my body :(
I know its the waiting that does your head in, thats the hardest part I think, I just wonder how many ladies go off and have the d&c done without questioning it, and it was actually a viable pregnancy just the dates were out abit.....scary thought
yes thats sooo scary and thats my reason for another opinion i didnt want to be like that i want to give the pregnancy a healthy chance and giving as they said my baby had no heartbeat on the 7th when i went for my u/s u would think ten days later i would have passed something or at least bigger clots right??? my doctor said i should have been 9 weeks by my u/s date( which i knew was not right) and thats makes it even crazier that would mean baby hasnt been alive in there for like a month and i still have passed nothing???.......this to me just makes no sense at all he was clearly way off as i have very irregular periods . sometimes doctors just refuse to listen though
sometimes that does happen though, but I think your doing the right thing, then you will know for sure :) good luck
thankyou i pray it turns out good i sooo want his little one :)
OK I honestly think this could turn out either way. My first pregnancy I had an ultrasound at 6w2d after a small bleed. Saw the heartbeat and baby was looking fine. Went back at 9 weeks and the baby was only measuring 6w4d and with no heartbeat. Its called a missed miscarriage because your body doesn't get rid of it on its own. I ended up having to have a d&c to remove everything. Got pregnant again shortly after that and started bleeding bright red and worse then a period. Went to the er where they did blood work and a ultrasound. Baby was 5w6d and no heartbeat. Went back at 6w1d (still bleeding) and the baby now had a heart beat. Even a couple days in early pregnancy can make a huge difference when it comes to the heart beating. I continued bleeding until I was 10 weeks bight red and heavy. One day it just randomly stopped and didn't come back. My doctor said 99% of the time they resolve on their own by the 20th week. I was never on bed rest but was in pelvic rest until I hadn't bled for 1 week. Daughter is almost 4 now and as healthy as can be.
did your bleeding go from bright red heavy to pink then to brown with very small stringy clots in it?? ive had this happen a few times already
k so i went to the bathroom and low and behold no more bleeding :s im beyond confused right now i thought when u miscarry it was a constant blood until u pass everything?? :s i also thought u had to cramp ut the only feeling i have is at the very top of my belly in the very middle and its not hurting just an odd feeling and i keep getting a straining feeling on both sides by my hips but not a cramp :s
when I miscarried at 6wks, I had just had abit of on-off spotting, over a week, I thought I was 8wks, then one day it was abit heavier and I passed the baby, then bled like a normal period for a couple of days, no cramping, no pain, so it does vary from women to women
Hi I had a misscarige too...
I'm my ultrasound my babys didn't had a heart beat either n I waz bleeding like you ... N the same thing ur doctor toll u mine toll me too n a weeks later I lost my twins "/

Good luck I hope Diz is nt ur case
Hi I had a misscarige too...

Good luck I hope Diz is nt ur case
So I get up it's 5am here and go to the bathroom a little on my pad but I've been sitting on the toilet maybe 5 minutes and the water completely red no clots just the blood :( please help if I'm miscarrying where r the clots why so much sometimes have any of u had this?
Since  you have hematoma ,it can happen i mean red bleeding(can be huge also) ,it does not necessarily mean that u are misscarrying .Once hematoma is absorbed by ur body ,bleeding will stop.But i will recommend you just ask ur doc for ultrasound it will relax ur mind ateast.It is a tough time for you to see huge amt of red blood and not worrying but at this time only patience is the key.

Hematomas can cause huge bleeding episodes also without harming baby.Trust me i know for sure normally these hematomas dissolve by 18-20 weeks maximum.

Dont panick.It will not harm.

I had a subchorionic thing that made me bleed at 6 1/2 weeks and 10 weeks. The bleeding at 10 weeks was  A LOT of bright red blood, scared the crap out of me. However, I went on to have a healthy baby boy. The subchorionic (I think its metoma or some weird name) thingy usually resolves itself but can cause harmless bleeding.
hematomas are nothing but just collection of blood .Till this collection is in uterus it can cause irritation and disturbance which causes you to spot or bleed .Take rest ,take lots of fluids.

if need any help on this do not hesitate to message me.
Well last night i had some cramping with it I still have some mild cramping this morning and a bit was in my pad not to to much but again I'm sitting here on the toilet and the waters already red with a sch I thought I just bled the once and it was done or is it continuous heavy read bleeding I have a Lil back ache and a Lil cramp last night with bleeding lots my cramps were worse no unbearable I fell asleep during them shouldn't I be passing something besides just blood some sort of tissue or clot I really can't distinguish weather I'm have just a sch bleed or a miscarriage :( ?
You do not need to pass clots with a miscarriage. I'm not too sure who said you do, but this is incorrect. There are too many factors that influence it. I had an early miscarriage this past June and bled exactly like a period-heavy, red, next to no cramping.

It's impossible to say what is going on. Some women with a SCH bleed non-stop for weeks, others don't. You need to see your doctor. If you can't, go to the ER now.
bleeding can continue and sometimes u will only spot for days then followed by some bleeding or even very heavy bleeding.See these are the outcomes of hematoma which is quite scary .Light Cramping is normal in every pregnancy which happens due to stretching of uterus.When you get severe cramping or heavy bleeding you should report it to your Doc.

Passing clot is not a good sign thatz true but not passing clots does not tell much .

All i want to tell you is hematoma can cause very heavy red bleeding or continuous moderate bleeding ,spotting or not bleeding at all.

Though with your description i think it is SCH bleeding But when you see red bleeding which is your case right now you must just get u/s down once .
* sorry i mean u/s done once.
I've had some cramping on and off not very comfortable and now the bleeding is slowly tapering
Didn't mean to post wasn't done the cramping was a Lil painful but almost gone now bleeding light pink again and not clots besides almost pen point ones when I wipe sometimes no tissue as I check the clots dissolve in the water trying to get ahold if my doctor she hasn't refferrd me to our d&c lady yet I called her office this morning and I called her office all morning just to get told they will try and call me back later
Its good bleeding is less now.They keep a close watch till hematoma goes away.Since your doc is not available can you get ur u/s done from some other place ?I dont understand why did you talk abt d&C?Heartbeat comes normally around 6-7 weeks and u were only 6 weeks when you did ur last u/s.

keep us posted.
Becuz. I have been told many Times my baby is dead and I need a d&c then my actual doctor sent me for blood test and still hasn't called me about the results when in her office she said I'm sending u for bloodwork and if I need to make another apt with u I will call if not dr delacruz (our d&c doctor ) will call u to book an apt she's had my results since yesterday and I've got no call and the other doctor dr d's office has no referral for me I called them and I'm just waiting to hear back from my doctor which I probably won't so now I'm thinking my bloodwork was not good and I'm just waiting for that referral as I have heard no different

when they told you baby is dead and d&c required?Was it after ur 6 week scan?Did they repeat scan one week later or not?
It was a couple days after my u/s the first one where I measured 6 weeks 2 days I had a very rude very old doctor from the er in beaverlodge if u read my other posts he told me my baby was dead no heartbeat that's all he said after I called him back he told me he was referring me another d&c doctor I asked him about a second opinion he got defensive and said well what u don't believe me and I said no not at all just want a second opinion and he hung up on me then saw my actual doctor and was sent for bloodwork that's it when I called healthlink about last night she was asking me my bp and about rhogam cuz I'm AB- but I have never had my bp taken once or talked to at all about that shot ?? My doctor didn't seem hopeful when she sent me for the bloodwork and I was in and out in minutes after waiting in the packed waiting room for over an hour past my apt
He should have waited (repeated u/s )before recommending D&C.They are really mean ppl.its good u r taking second opinion and going for blood test.But its been almost 10 days since ur last u/s,u could have insisted ur Doc for another u/s .I hope you get good news in ur blood test.

M too RH negative (B negative) .Rhogam shots are given to u (when you bleed heavy otherwise at week 28 and at the time of delivery)if ur parter is RH positive and u rh negative ur body can develop antibodies.Though there is no risk in first pregnancy but it is given sothat u dont face antibody problems in next. u need to talk abt this to ur Doc.
Id love to talk to my doctor about it but she still hasnt called me backbit probably won't hear from her she has to many patients and to little time as for going to the hospital I tried but my bf has to go to work and I have m 3 and 2 year old and waiting 5 hours to get into our er here probably won't end well with my screaming children all my cramps r hone and bleeding is just light pink now still have no idea :s
This isn't something to just out off. Being that you're RH negative you HAVE to get that shot. (unless your partner is as well, but this is doubtful) if you don't your body produces antibodies which will attack any future pregnancy you have. ANY bleeding you get while pregnant, especially like yours, means you need to be looked at.
yes i know i need to for sure im very worried and crying lots. not knowing what happening in your own body and having the doctor scoff u off is heartbreaking but as of right now i just dont know what i should do
You do know what to do. You need to be seen. Sitting at home won't change the outcome, but if you go you'll likely get more answers than you are now.
so i was persistent in calling my doctors office again she said there was a rise in my hcg and to do the test again which apprently she was waiting for but i was only told to go the once and they took my paper when i went to the lab lol but omg omg im having a little bit of hope im actually kinda smiling aftr days of crying i am scared to have to much hope but after all bad new hearing this is amazing so as of saturday she said my levels were ok but want another test to see if they are rising or falling i sooooooo hope they are rising  :D
Did you talk abt another u/s?

if your rh neg you need to get the injection or else your baby will be expelled by your body, your doctor should know this, you need to be motre insistant with them