Pregnancy 18-24 Community
scar tissue

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

scar tissue

I seem to have some scar tissue in my uterus since my D&C in March.  It will need to be removed before I can get pregnant.  Anyone have any experience with this?
I don't have experience with this but I have heard of this happening before. Achieving pregnancy shouldn't be a problem once you get this dealt with.
I don't have scar tissue from my D & C, but make sure that you see a doctor who has performed a ton of corrective surgeries on post D & C patients.  You want to make sure that they are super experienced.  If I were in your position, I would "interview" the doctor and ask them how many patients they have performed this operation on and what is the doctor's success rate.  I am soo sorry that this happened to you.  Hopefully all will go well and you will heal nicely.  Then, its back to TTC! :)
hi how do you know you have scar tissue have you had a hysteroscopy??

the reason i ask is that i was told the same that i may have Ashermans Syndrome!

let me know how you found out
if you had the hysteroscopy and they found scar tissue, you will go in for a minor procedure to remove it and probably within a month or two will be given the ok to start again.

i had the hysteroscopy to check for scar tissue and oddly enough i only had one small piece that the camera knocked off while checking, it was funny how it happened.

good luck
Thank you all for your feedback.  Yes, I have had 2 HSGs, which I think stands for hysteroscopy.  I had to have two because I was refered to a specialist after the scar tissue was discovered from the first one, and he wanted another look, since the first HSG they used a balloon method, which can impede the view.  So, he did a second, and there is in fact scar tissue there, but he says it doesn't look like typical ashermann's....so I don't know what that means, and am waiting for the specialist to call me back with the next step.

I am optimistic though, that they can remove it no problem!  Hopefully it will just fall off like leighanne!

angolina--has your doctor recomended an HSG?  What makes you think you have ashermans?
hi, well to be honest i dont know whats going on with my body, i have not had periods since stopping BC in septemper 07 been on provera twice to induce but has not worked all blood work ok, so the doctor said they thought it may be ashermans which i was due to have operation ( hysteroscopy ) this monday.

i have many D&C 'S in the past i had 2 premamture children and miscarriage which i had to have d&cs after because of retained products.

However my situation over the last week has changed last week i did pregnancy test as i have done many over the last few months and had positive test actually 3 positives but all with faint lines, i have been to hospital had a scan and nothingcould be seen, this could be because pregnancy very early.

i was told more then likely a chemical pregnancy but had a blood test Hcg to measure pregnancy hormone, the hormone level was 67 the test had to be repeated 48 hours later the Hcg was supposed to double but only gone up to 69 so waiting to have another in a few days.

so for the last few months it been a rollercoaster thinking i cant have more children to then finding out im pregnant but great chance pregnancy will end. but if it does i am ovbviously ovulating which is a good sign.

hope everything works out for you.
I am sorry that you have gone through so much.      So, now that you are pregnant, you are probably not doing the HSG, right?  I hope this works out for you.It is a good sign that you are ovulating!  Good Luck to you.  Keep me updated.  I am just waiting for my doctor to call me back to figure out next steps.  Fun to always be waiting, right?
sorry didnt get back to you before. after receiving the results last week the hospital have decided to do another blood test on the 21st so will know in the afternoon whats going on for sure so i know what you mean about all the waiting it drives you mad trying to get answers so you can move forward!
ill let you know what happens next week let me know what happens with you.
i hope you are well and have more answers to whats going on with you.

just wanted to let you know its been confirmed i am 6 weeks pregnant had a scan and everything is normal.