Pregnancy 18-24 Community
setting up a pediatrician

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

setting up a pediatrician

What do you do to set up a pediatrician for when you have the baby? Do you just call and say you want them as your pediatrician? My dr keeps asking who her pediatrician will be and my dr appt is this afternoon and i would like to be able to tell him this time. I never did this with my son i guess bc i lived in a small town with very few to chose from so was never asked, they just sent one in
Most pediatricians have your get up a "get acquainted" visit with them so you can see if you are a good match.
i usually make an appt... to talk to him or her n see their working areas get to knw the nurses n what they usually do.. if the have a pharmacy right there n try to rate them.if im  not happy with them.i keep looking... its helpful so that when bby is born you dnt go to which ever knowing there are better ones by better i mean capable of forming somekind of relationship with ur child.. dnt want ur kid to be scared everytime u take them.in
Ok. I wonder if i can just go ahead and put them down today then go meet them. My dr recommended him and i trust his openion more then anyone when it comes to drs
You would need to at least see if they are accepting new patients before you put them down.
I called and they said all i do is give the dr his name