Pregnancy 18-24 Community
stretch mark prevention

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

stretch mark prevention

Any of using any stretch mark cream that you would recommend thats working good,I am using palmers butter its ok but I would like something better
If your goin to get stretchmarks hun ure going to get them if ure mum had thrm u more than likely will its waste of money buying the creams! X
My mom and OBGYN said the same, either you get them or not. The preventative creams are a waste of money. My doc just said that you can use any kind of lotion to help soothe your skim when it gets itchy from stretching.
I use the palmers coacoa butter n I havnt gotten ne yet. im 23 weejs
My mom and grandma got streatchmarks, my mom got them bad, but I havent yet so I dont see it as "heretitary" or any thing cus we all take care of our bodies diffrently. So hers what I do and suggest, keep hydrated is the biggest, use more than one type of lotion or oil just to ad veriety and there are some that soke in fast and others that dont. I use berts bees viatamin E oil with lemon and added a couple drops of frankences and murh and lavender essential oils to it and use it in the evening. Also coconut oil after showers.  once in a while I'll use mama bee Belly balm and tummy honey stick streatch makrk prevention (cus I got them free) then once or twice a week at night when I let my belly hang out and my belly feels itchy and dry I put vasaline on it. I seem crazy but im 28 weeks and have no signs of streatch marks. The key is hydrating the body and moisterizing the belly often, eating healthy and exersize.
28 weeks is kinda early still... Keep that in mind. I didn't get stretch marks until I was 35 weeks! I keep everything hydrated and still got them. So prepare yourself that you could possible get them still.
I used Olay ultra moisture potion through both pregnancies, didn't get but like 2 marks in my side's with ny first but with this one I got a few more, I was bigger with this one tho too, I love this lotion tho, it keeps the skin moisturized all day
It doesn't really matter what you use, if your gonna get them you will get them. It has to do with the elasticity of your skin. Just keep moistened with any lotion to help, it doesn't matter what kind. Don't waste your money on expensive lotions. I have heard that mederma (sp?) works good though if you do get them, at lightening them.
Hey hun , I had stretch mark before and i have even more now with my big belly , I use an Almond oil for my stretch mark it can help prevent them and it can help reduce the size of the one that are already there  . Here the click to the one i use, http://usa.****.com/almond-supple-skin-oil,82,1,29230,262124.htm ...is expensive but it works really well.
Unfortunately, it's not going to prevent them either way, nothing will, I used palmers my entire last pregnancy and got them, but mederma afterwards really helped mine, but its like 20 dollars for a tiny tube.
And I also didn't get any stretch marks til the last month, so you're never really clear, some women don't even see them until after the baby is born too, unfortunately! It is hereditary too, ask the women in your family if they got stretch marks!
MAMA MIO TUMMY RUB! seriously i have been using this product since the start of my second trimester and it has been absolutely amazing! its not too oily so it doesn't leave any nasty residue and it smells so nice unlike the coca butter products i used early on. i would recommend this product to any pregnant lady!!! seriously it works. its about $35 for a jar and i have gone through two jars so far but because it actually works i don't mind the price. you can look it up online as mama mio tummy rub and get it delivered or you might be able to find it at a pregnancy spa. its really THAT great, my mom and sister both got stretch marks in their pregnancies and i am 34 weeks and haven't gotten one yet (fingers still crossed!) . i also had stretchmarks on my boobs before i got pregnant so i started using BIO OIL. it had drastically worked so well!! they have faded and are barely noticeable. you can get Bio oil at CVS Walgreens Walmart really any where. its about $11 dollars a bottle, and you can also use it on your face if you're dried up and it adds a beautiful glow on your face. its also THAT good.

sorry my post is so long, but i really would love to share this with all of you! it works!!!