Pregnancy 35+ Community
16 wks and feeling a little wet

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

16 wks and feeling a little wet

Hey gals, Sorry if TMI!! But do any of you ever feel really wet down there?? Sometimes I feel like I am leaking but there is nothing there. I wear a pantyliner everyday just so my anal self can monitor the situation. I asked my doctor about this and he said it is normal. I just wanted to make sure it was not ammonitic fluid . He said if it was ammonitic fluid I would have felt a really big gush come out. I have a u/s scheduled on January 17th. So I guess I will know if all is well then.

I feel like I worry about everything and I can never relax. I guess that is what happens when you have already had an mc. Thanks for the help!!

*** I posted this in the 34 and under forum too, so if you see it twice, sorry, I am just trying to make sure I am normal*** lol
I can understand why you would worry.  I have not experienced a lot of discharge but I have read about it.  But I didn't think it was supposed to be watery.  Is it actually filling the panty liner, or do you just use it because it is less messy?  

Did you dr check your cervix?  If you are really worried, you should have them check it.  During your u/s they can do this with a transvaginal u/s or they can do it by physical examination.  

I don't want to make you worry more, but I was specifically told that sometime is can be a guss and sometimes it is a trickle.  That it just depend on where the sac brakes at.  Another thought, maybe at your u/s they can check to see if there is enough ammonitic fluid.  
I guess, I will have to call them on Monday. There is never anything on my pantyliner, I just wear on to make sure. There is actually nothing visible coming out of me. To me it feels like when you are getting close to ovualting and did does not feel like this all the time. I just wish my doctor would have asked more question at my visit.

Thanks for the input.
I wouldn't worry too much!  Pregnancy does create extra discharge for alot of us but if your not even finding anything on the pad then sounds like all is well.  It's normal to worry....I think it's a 'MOM' thing!

Good Luck!
Dottie
When I was pg with my daughter, I had a very small amount of leaking amniotic fluid at about 28-29 weeks along.  It was a deffinately different sensation than just wetness (and I also feel kind of damp most of the time while pg).  It almost felt like I peed myself a little but I could tell it was not coming from there.  They ended up admitting me to the hospital and she was born abot 12 days later.  I did not go into labor though - very strange.

Anyway talk to your Dr. because if your sac has a slight tear (like mine did) the risk is about infection getting into the baby.  They can look at the fluid under a microscope and tell the diff between normal discharch and amniotic fluid.

Theresa (20wks)
Thanks!! You made me feel a little better!! I am still going to call my doctor tomorrow. I really think it is urine, which is gross, but not so scarey. I put a piece of tp in my panties to see exactly what it was an on the tp it was urine. I only seem to have this "leaking" feeling when I need the bathroom or after I just went to the bathroom.

Just in case I have been drinking lots of water and I am trying to stay off my feet.

Thanks for the kind words and your personal experiences!!!