Can implantation bleeding be heavy?
I'm 43 and TTC (first baby) - this morning i had what i thought might be implantation bleeding (pinkish or brown as it's always described, but then red appeared, more like a regular period, but still lighter than than regular flow. Still able to get by on just panty liners at the moment.  All other signs (ovulation timing, tiredness,etc.) seem to point to pregnancy.  Was wondering if heavier implantation bleeding could be common when you're over 40?  Thanks for any input.
OK this is ordeal im usually pretty regular every 28 days and go for 5 to 7 days and bleed really heavy. Well back in April I had a period tht did last 5 days but wasnt really tht bad. In May i started on the 4th around 11am and all day the 5th. I woke up around 1am tht night of the 5th and realized I wasnt doing anything. I kept a pad on to see if it was just light and I would start again later. I never did start back up so was wondering if I could be preg. and its just to early to get a positive result. I have taken a test but it was neg. I've been dizzy and my breast are a little sore and swollen but nothing else really. Plz help me im confused!
When in April did you have your period? Implantation bleeding is around 7-10 days after conception. With a 28 days cycle you would ovulate around Day 14 so add 14 plus 7 to10 (so 21-24 days) after the first day of your last menstrual period and that is when one would expect implantation bleeding to occur. Once implantation occurs, you should be able to get a positive home pregnancy test within days.

So it may be a little early. Try again in a few days with first morning urine. If you don't get a positive within the next week or so, go see your OB/GYN. It may just be stress, a hormonal imbalance...something that may correct itself without intervention, but your doctor will be able to tell you better than anyone here :)
I am 24 yrs old..never been prego..I was 5 days late with my pd..I took a hpt on the first day I was late came back negative..took another one on the 5th day..same result.. but on the 5th day I started to spot..it was very light didn't have a use for a pad..when I showered I noticed a lot of mucus with some red and brown in it but it was still light spots..usually before I get my period I get very moody an my breast start to sore and feel heavy and I bleed extremely heavy with full blown cramps that I can't even walk..but I didn't feel any of that..the next day it was still very light I then had unprotected sex..which made me feel like I had cramps afterwards..during the night the bleeding became heavy with clots so I had to put a pad..today its still red like a period but the pad is brown an not soooo much heavy then last night..still no cramps or soreness like I would have if I had my normal period..I just feel tired like I can sleep all day..wanting to eat everything that pops into my head..sometimes I feel quezy..but then it would go away..idk if this is normal or if its impantation bleeding or maybe my period finally came..can sum1 plz help me out with any advice!!..I'm freakin out!!  
Hello... I have been having a brownish reddish discharge for two days tht has now turned into dark red with a gush, now its a light pink flow!this all started two days after my period was due. Does this sound like implation bleeding? The only thing tht make me feel that its not is the fact tht its  not flowing, its more like a discharge.
Well, in all honesty, it sounds like your period. Everyone has an odd one once in a while.  The timing combined with the length sounds like a late, light period. However, if you suspect pregnancy, a home test should be quite accurate now.  Good luck.
Hi my names Mara nd i just go the implanon taken out around may 1st nd got my first period the 19th of may.  So my periods before have been really regular. Anyway ive been having sex since a few days before that came, for a month.  Ive been looking for answers all over the internet. Seems like ive gotten about a million different answers. I got my period exsactly a week before i was supposed to. When i had gotten the first period it started out straight up heavy nd had really really bad cramps. It lasted bout five days but it was heavy nd it ended but it was still heavy but it went away without even spotting. I figured i could help those women like me trying to find out if they are pregnant or not. I had brown spotting for a day then the next two days was kinda less bleeding but it was light enough to have a pantyliner. Then the last day was very light spotting almost nothing. But every person is different. At this point i still dont know if i am or not. Ive had symtoms like backache nd headaches, but the weird thing is that somehow i can feel it like womans intution,  cuz ive had two kids. Another thing is, is that when i had my last daughter i dropped down to at least one hundred pounds nd im usually a hundred nd thirty. But anyway, ima wait this out till i have a week more or till my period comes. I will post back to let ppl know how its gone :) hopefully this helps u ladies. If someone wants to write me or give me idvice my email is Beautifulchica_2***@****
I experienced implantation bleeding with 2 out of 3 pregnancies. It was very light flow mostly only when I wiped it was pink or brown, with some streaks of red.
I had implantation bleeding with my first pregnancy, accompanied by period-like cramping.  I had put a tampon in thinking AF was coming, yet there was very little dark red blood.  It only happened for one day.  Timing wise, I believe it was about 5 days before my period was due.  I remember thinking my period was starting early.  Hope this helps!  Good luck to you!  
hi all, think i am just as confused as most of you on here lol, i'm 37 & do not yet have any children, thought i would wait until the time was right but now thinking it's never gonna happen... me & my partner have been ttc for just around a yr now with now joy as yet.  I have had blood tests & app things seem to be in order with me. I did home fertility tests after my last period, it was around my 14th day & showed positive so we had sex during that time. For wk after my breasts were still swole and tender, like I was about to start a period,  On mon morn I was sick & felt nauseaus all day, Tues pm I began to bleed,(9 dpo & 6 days early of a period) just slight pink when I wiped but then late on it got heavy when I wiped but very watery, bright red with a few clots, nothin like my normal period, very intermitent & hardly showed on a pad. By Weds night was hardly anythin there, all gone by thurs, have had no pain or cramp & not felt any discomfort at all. Breasts have gone down & no longer hurting but it is now Sat & still feeling sick, I did a hpt this morn ( my partner couldn't wait) lol, which was neg but am assuming may be too early as my period is due on Mon....can anyone help....?
I'm 28 about a week ago I'm pretty sure i ovulated so me and the hubby had sex as we are ttc  #3 I'm not due for my period until next week but yesterday i start spotting at first then it started flowing quite heavily with bright red blood and a few clots sorry TMI then i have been have terrible cramping and lower back pain never had this with either of my previous pregnancy so not sure what this could be can anyone help me
Im 25 and my husband and I have been trying for over a year to get/stay pregnant, sadly we have lost 3 to miscarriage. Currently were trying the progesterone suppositories, my cycle usually starts on the 17th but recently had some brown d/c for 2days then light bleeding for 2days and it has turned back brown (very very light) today.  I know this falls at the time for implantation bleeding, but has anyone experienced an early Menstrual cycle with the progesterone suppositories or implantation bleeding similar to mine????? I am a nurse but OB is not my specialty and PREGNANCY is so incredibly unpredictable.  Thank you Ladies, best of luck with all of you.  
Hi, I guess that Im having almost the same concerns as most of you, but I really also need some advice on what it could be. Ok, Im 27 and 3 weeks ago had unprotected sex. Im supposed to start my oeriod tomorrow but for the past 2 days I have been bleeding but brown. I know about the old blood but that has only happened o me AFTER the period, never before so can I be pregnant? Can anyone tell me when implantation bleeding usually occurs?
I am 45 and I had intercourse on the 4th day during my menstration.  I have a 28 day cycle.  One week later during my ovulation period I experienced really bad cramping, I could hardly walk.  Then nothing for 2 days then light brownish spotting occurred for 3/4 days. Followed by what I thought was a period but it was different it was red with dregs like bits in it, a bit like a period but not as heavy like my first day normally is.  I am not due for another 10 days and I am always on time, never early.  Could I be pregnant?
Given that unprotected intercourse happened during your actual period, it is highly highly unlikely.  Even though you are always regular, mid cycle bleeding is something that can happen to all of us, especially once we are in our 40's.  Wait until your period is due and you can take a pregnancy test, but it does sound more like mid cycle bleeding.  
i im 24 and last month i had 3 days of bleeding not like a regular period though i wondering if i could be pregnant can anyone help me please
i have had a wierd period very brown no red for about 3-4 days now .. could this be implantation bleeding ??
Just to add my 2 cents to this topic.  I'm 37.  Got pregnant with #4 on vacation.  Spotted with some light pink discharge.  I've spotted with implantation on 2 of my four pregnancies.  My little bean didn't stick though and I m/c @ 10 weeks.
im 17, i had unprotected sex on the 17 of november, the next day i found out the the condom broke. and yesterday November 25 i started to experience spotting with brownish discharge and today it got heavier but nothing compared to my period. My period is VERY HEAVY AND I HAVE ALOT OF PAIN but this time, its just bits of blood. am i pregnant? im planning to take a PT two days from now. i really hope i am pregnant please someone help me!!!
I've been having unprotected sex, and I'm never ever late on my period if anything I'm always early but this month I was 5days late and I've had every symptom of pregnancy and pretty much have slept all the time+my breasrs have been to tender to even touch! I thought everything was going ok untill about lunch time today and I had some pink very watery stuff in my pants, and very bad cramping, I just thought I had come on but I'm normally really heavy so much I need to change my pad like 2-3 times a hour. Then I noticed it started to become a pinky red colour but still it was almost clear water coming out aswell. Then when I went to the toilet a few hours ago I had a few clots of blood but since then I've had nothing but a few spots and some watery stuff and my stomach pains have gone?! Please can someone help me and tell me what this means! I've actuli cried about this and just don't no what to do I'm scared of knowing but I would love to have a child even if I'm just 16
I'm 16 years old. My boyfriend and I had sex right when I was supposedly ovulating. The day after I experienced a little blood when I wiped and then later in the week I started my period but it is very very light with almost no cramps when I ussually have excutiating cramps with a really heavy flow. It seems to be getting a little clumpier but it's not normal. Is this my period or implantation bleeding? This has never happened before
Hi,  I do have a question. I havent started my period for this month (december) and usually I have it between the sixth and fifteenth. yesterday (18th) I got period like cramps and lower back ache which for me is normal for a period. BUT only thing that threw me off was the bleeding was very light and like a light princess color pink. Today (19th) blood was more like a period for a little bit then  later on went back to light. So being this is tecnically the first day should I wait a few days or test or what? Im pretty in tuned with my periods and they have been the same for 24 yrs which I am 24 yrs old now. Its just this month seems different. I did do the baby dance 2 weeks ago so if anyone can help and give advice I would appreciate that. Am I pregnant, is it too early to test???
Had unprotected sex with hubby on the 10th.  After 4 days started feeling burning cramps in stomach. Still cramping as I speak.  Husband didn't *** in me.  Could I still be pregnant?  Period is due in a week. I am 35 now and so worried.  Hope these are not menopausal symptoms
Had unprotected sex with hubby on the 10th.  After 4 days started feeling burning cramps in stomach. Still cramping as I speak.  Husband didn't *** in me.  Could I still be pregnant?  Period is due in a week.
I believe I am pregnant because I am 10 days late for my period which is normally around the 26th but no later. I have been gaining weight, eating more than usual, and my breasts have been getting bigger and sore yesterday which was the 5th when I went to the bathroom i was bleeding but it was a light pink, but today it is heavier than yesterday but not like my normal period. I need someones input
im going through the same thing! started spotting on the 5th too, but it got heavier yesterday and im not sure if im pregnant or not. i ad sore nipples for two weeks went away though, dizzy spells, peeing more, eat more, cramping for a weeks now! notice today my lower stomach is getting ferm! took a PT on the 5th it was a very very faint light didnt notice at first, so i bought a cheap PT took it the next day the 6th and NEG! have you found out anyting! Please let me know! i need help. i dont want to MC
did you end up pregnant?? im having the same signs!! HELP ME
My husband and I are trying to get pregnant for the first time.  I am 29 years old and have had a consistent 32 day cycle for the last 3 months.  Yesterday, I would have been 8 days past ovulation and in the morning I had a light brown discharge when I wiped.  I figured it was implantation bleeding and got very excited, but as the day progressed, the discharge became darker and began to resemble a dark red blood.  This morning I woke up and I am still bleeding.  I am not bleeding like a period, but I am bleeding enough that I am having to use a panty liner.  I took a pregnancy test today, even though I am not expecting my period for another 5 days, and it came back negative.  Any thoughts are much appreciated.
As far as I've read, it usually occurs 6 -12 days after ovulation and before your period.  Unfortunately, I am having a somewhat similar "confusion" issue with implantation bleeding, and this is the first time I've tried to get pregnant, but above is supposedly the "norm".  It should be light brown or light pink and should only last a few hours or upto a few days.  I hope that helps (:
Pls help out i am 1 wk late then bleeding came out heavy with lots of cramps painful than menstural cramps nd it lasted jst for four days and i normally have my periods for 6 days, i havn't had a test uptil now. Could it be implantaion bleeding? Am i pregnant? And when is the right time for me to take a test?
Do not let anyone tell you that you can't carry a baby to term. You carried your son didn't you? Doctors told me I couldnt carry a baby to term. I lost my first, then gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. Then proceeded to have a miscarriage of twins at 5 months and another miscarriage at 9 weeks. Following that I carried 4 children to term. I dont know about anyone else but I feel that my faith brought me through all this so I could help others in this situation to have hope. I believe whatever is meant to happen will. Good luck!!
I am 24 and I have been spotting, today will be day 8. I am on BC and did not miss a pill (the only other time I have spotted between periods). My period is not due for another 4-5 days making it about 2 weeks before my expected period that I began spotting. It started pinkish brown and slight then to bright red and a little heavier, then dark red, then back to pinkish brown, and now almost black but always with an almost discharge-like consistency. I have taken several negative HPTs (I work at a health clinic, so why not?) but I think it's still too early to test as I'm not due for my period for 4-5 more days. Never been pregnant, not trying to conceive but would secretly be elated with a positive test.
By Marie , I had all the symptoms, high basal temperature. Last month I had my regular period, starting on the 7th of March, this month which is April I started to spot 4 days earlier barely spotted for 2 days then the 3rd day I begin to flow a little heavier with a little blood clot. I just had a tubal reversal on February the 9th. I  am confused, I think I go the old ways just ignore if it happens it happens.the only thing is I wonder if anyone had that same symptoms.
Hi, I finished my period 4-5 days ago and on the same day I finished my period we had unprotected sex. The day after I had spotting of a light red - brown colour. Then today I woke with cramps and a flow which is still light. Its now day 5! Can I be pregnant and this is implatation bleeding ?? Please help me
Hya there can anyone help I am normaly regular for period and I hve been six days late yesturda got pale pink dischargge tda it *** threw a little red not enough to fill pad I would say is it my period aww implantation bleedin as it light than period thank
Hi, me and my partner had intercourse while I was ovulating and since then i've had some stomach pain and very painful breasts with darkening areoles. I started spotting- brown then pink yesturday but then it became more like a regular period so far. my doctor did a PT but it was neg, I think maybe i tested too early, i only came off my period 12 days ago and am due back on my period in 9 days. Any advice would be truly appreciated :) Thanks
Hi I'm 22 I have been on the minipill femulene for over 3 years now, I am one if 20% of women on it that do not experience any periods whatsoever, I took my minipill 6 hours late after sex the night before. Since then I have experienced what I thought was spotting brown then it turned heavier for 4 days, anyway 5 days after I stopped bleeding I have started bleeding again, the worrying thing for me is I have had my pill late lists of times and as long as I have taken ur I have never bleed the only time is when I run out of pills and didn't get a new prescription until 2 weeks later. Plearr help as ive had cramps and been feeling slightly sick, I have taken 3 pregnancy test but quite close together, I just want to find out if anybody else had experienced anything similar? Thanks!!!
Im 18dpo on 14dpo i spotted brown once then 15dpo i spotted once again then 16dpo i had light bleeding which only lasted til 17dpo but just had to wear one pad for the day.. and now im 18dpo and clear no blood.. What could that mean? My periods are usually heavy clotty and i have to change my pad atleast 3-4 times a day and they last til 5-6 days .. Any ideas??
Hi, I'm 18 and I had a weird period (weird for me). It lasted about 2 days. The 1st day for a few hours it was a dark red, then it turned to red, then finally brown. Then nothing came out on the 3rd day till later on throughout the evening but it was light brown spotting. Is that just a period cycle? I'm very confused.
There is such thing as meduim flo im gong though the same thing right now but i am 28 years old its called  bright red implantion active bleeding so there is such thing as med flo dont get all your hopes up and God bless all of you.
there is such thing as meduim flo im gong though the same thing right now but i am 28 years old its called  bright red implantion active bleeding so there is such thing as med flo dont get all your hopes up and God bless all of you.
Hi I don't know if anyone is still posting on this but if you are can anyone help I think I may be experiencing implantation bleeding, my period is not due until 13th November it's now only the 3rd i had sex during the time i would have bern ovulating and yesterday I had menstrual like cramps which I don't usually experience when I get my period only ever had them once when they first began .... I bled heavily yesterday which is also unlike my regular periods as usually they start off light get only a little heavier and then stop usually last 5-7 days today the bleeding is a lot lighter than yesterday and a few tiny clots but not a lot when I wipe it's red not brown like its usually described as and the pains have reduced in my stomach and back I did also have tender to touch almost painful nipples about for about a week which seem to have gotten better about 4 days ago my breasts also seem to have gotten bigger slipping out my bra lol but that is all the symptoms I've experienced which is why I'm unsure oh and going the toilet a little more than usual nothing to extreme yet though I hope I am but can't test yet so just wondering if anyone else has had anythin similar and been pregnant?? X
Hi Benetta,
I'm in exactly the same situation as yours and I have exactly the same question! Do you have a reply by any chance? Many thanks in advance for your help, Elisa
So ive had most of the symptoms,
Nausea, vomiting, headaches, dizziness, &breast tenderness. I had light bleeding on the 9th which was a brownish color then the next day it was almost somewhat like a regular period but lighter then usual and the same the next day then my period just stopped. My period lasts up to 6 days its never been shorter. Could this be implatation bleeding?
HELP!
So ive had most of the symptoms,
HELP!
Hi I think I'm pregnant but I have no clue I was a few days late then boom woke up to a gush I have heavy bleeding and it was clumpy then later that day it stopped its been two days and I get a little pink spot other then that nothing could this be implantation???
With my first two children, I had a tinge of pink on the toilet paper after going to the bathroom and layer found out I was pregnant.   My youngest was born in 2006.  I am now 38, will be 39 in September, and this month I thought my period was just late, because the part few months they have varied by a few days early or later than usual.   One evening I went to the restroom and there was blood in my underwear and more when I urinated.   I put in a tampon, changed, and went about my evening.   However later, there was nothing on the tampon when I was getting ready for bed, and nothing more the entire next day, or since.   I decided to buy a pregnancy tests, and purchased one with 2 tests in the box.   I took one immediately and it had a faint 2nd line.   I did the 2nd one first thing in the morning and it quickly showed 2 lines.   2 tests both with 2 lines, I'm pretty sure I'm pregnant even though it has not been officially confirmed by a doctor.   So, I'm with you and thinking it may be the age thing making a difference.   I'm thinking I will act as if this is a first pregnancy all over again - I'm not sure what to expect, so far everything is different.   I'm more nauseous and even had to pull over while driving one day to throw up, and I never threw up with either of my other two pregnancies.
hi lisa am on the same boat 12dpo i started to bleed to it was pinkish no clots which i always have and my periods always lasts 5 days but this bleeding has lasted 2days and it came 5 days early and am always on time o dont know if its implantation bleeding and am 40yrs old gd luck xx
Im around 5 or 6 weeks and 3 days ago i noticed blood but only when i wipe if i push there seems to b more now have on a panty liner there is a little blood but nothing serious but this has been going on for 3 days can this n normal i had my levels checked the day before yesterday was at 1700 and now im at 2500 am i ok
Yes It has happened to me!! We are ttc and I started spotting at 10dpo. I am now 12 dpo and my period is due tomorrow but I've been having pregnancy symptoms. During my last pregnancy my "period" arrived 5 days early and was a full on normal period for 4 days. I had no idea I was pregnant until I missed the next period. When I went in for an ultra sound I just assumed i was about 2 or 3 weeks along but I was already at 6 weeks!! Crazy! So now I am hoping the spotting im having is the same thing!! Good luck