Did the NT testing
I don't have official results yet but they said all looked good.  Measurement was 1.9 so that was good.  I am officially in the second trimester and IT"S A BOY.  

My question, are any of you or did any of you go ahead with the amnio after good results from the NT?  I am still trying to decide.  I would for sure do it but that whole needle through the belly thing is hindering my decision.

I would appreciate hearing your thoughts.  By the way, the horrible morning, day and night sickness seems to be easing up.  I have actually worked a full day today for the first time in months.
wow.. so they told you the gender.. I'm so jealous... I asked but he said his official answer is he couldn't tell...

DH and I are not going to have the amnio done.. we got good results back on the NT..  This will be our first child...

I had a good discussion with my sister in law about this and I think she has a very good point of view on it...

When she was pg she had the NT with good results and amnio done to confirm because she already had two children and it wasn't just about her and her DH   It would affect the entire family so she wanted to know for sure without any doubt...

So maybe that is what you need to ask yourself.. who all will this impact and how important is it to you, to know for sure.. without a doubt.. and you are willing to accept the risks of amnio..

Best of luck to you!!  
We were too far to do the NT testing - they drew the bloodwork to do the second trimester testing and we have our big ultrasound scheduled for the 25th - if there would be any problems with either then we will decide about an amnio - but I know in my heart I would NEVER terminate regardless - so if and that's a mighty big IF I would do an amnio - it would only be to confirm a problem so we would be slightly more prepared and educated - It's just been so hard to get pregnant that I'm not willing to do anything that might jeopardize that in any way - but its an individual decision - you guys will decide whatever is best for you and we'll be right behind you whatever you decide - good luck
I am leaning kind of the same way.  If you have nothing to indicate a problem, why do the other test.  Plus, I don't even know if my insurance will pay for it.  Plus, I'm a sissy.

I'll keep you all posted of the final results.  Thanks for the advice. Reno??? How far along are you?
I did not do the amnio after getting good NT results.  I did not feel there was much reason to.  Basically if you are on the fence for amnio the NT is "supposed" to push you to one side or the other.  You can always talk to a genetic counselor (we HAD to in order to get the NT done, their requirement) who can give you a better idea of what the results mean and can go over your family history.  My sister did have a trisomy 18 baby (she did not know or do any testing beforehand) at age 31 but even so, our risk was so low after the testing it did not make sense.  And the risk of m/c from the amnio would have been higher than the risk of getting a trisomy of down's.  That pretty much answered it for me.  Best of luck!!!
Montie - seventeen weeks tomorrow