How early did you start showing???
So this is my 3rd and HOLY **** I'm 8.5 weeks and already showing...I can't button my pants and have to do the ole rubber-band closure thing. With my first I didn't show (with clothes on) until ~5 months and with my second it was ~4 months...BUT 2 MONTHS??? OH NO. And what's worse is I don't even look remotely pregnant...just like I have a big fat roly-poly belly. Yuck.

Christina
8w6d
Is there a possibility that you could be having multiples??
I had a lot of water retention at 8wks and was uncomfortable with my pants buttoned. At 11wks, I bought some comfy maternity shorts.
I am 7w1d and bloated as anything. It is my fifth pregnancy (that has lasted, 7 in total). I feel like I am showing...or else looking fat. I totally get what you are saying. I posted something similar in the pregnancy forum too.
From what I have heard, not from experience, that the more pregnancies you have, the earlier you show because your uterus is already stretched.  It seems like everyone that I know that have had several children said they started showing earlier with second, third child.  
Good luck
This is my first pg.. now 19wk5d.. mine was pretty much like you are describing..  very early on my clothes started to get tight.. I didn't really call it showing, because I didn't look pg. It just looked like a had beer gut and/or fat belly.. I used the tummy band or belly band.. different places call them different things but it is a loop of material.. you can leave your pants unbuttoned and partially unzipped and use the material to hold it all together.. I also bought some clothes that were the next size up and those worked for a while.. I was pretty small before got I got pg, and figured I wouldn't get back down to that size afterward anyway, so it didn't seem like a waste to buy a couple of things one size up.. with the expectation of one or two things, all I can really wear now it maternity pants.. I don't mind it except I only have a couple so.. I'm very limited on clothes right now..

It is nice to be showing tho.. people open doors, give up their seats, let me move through the crowds, let me get to the food first.. I'm working it!!! :)  
I am 22 wks. with my 5th.  I started showing at about 7 weeks and was so bloated until about 12 weeks.  Now at 5 months I look like I am about 7 months along, and no, it's only one.  I am just wondering how huge I will be at 9 months.  I think your body just remembers and imediatelly starts to go in pg mode.
I forgot to mention that I am 22wks with my first child.  I had to give up my bella band and my pre pregancy clothes and start wearing maternity clothes (pants especially) for the past 3 wks.  I was able to wear the band and keep my pants unbuttoned, unzipped partially until 3 wks ago.  I did go through different stages in the first trimester.  I started out bloated, I think mostly from the IVF medications, then the bloating went down and my pants were easier to fasten.  Then, I felt like I was just fat or like tanker said, like I had a beer gut.  Then, it was like overnight, my belly popped out.  
Yay!! Thank you all! A puffy beer gut is EXACTLY what I feel like. And I'm right inbetween the whole can button - can't button thing on some pants. The puffiness is just miserable. I can't wait to buy the belly band. Anyone know if you can get them online? I've been feeling SO horrible that the last thing I want to do is go to an actual store where I have to (ugh) SEE people since I can barely muster the energy to take my daily shower and FORGET the make-up thing right now.

someone asked if I could be having multiples....I sure as heck hope not (I would be so overwhelmed if that happened) but  I have my 3rd u/s on Tuesday so I guess we'll see then. I have certainly been SICK & TIRED enough for it to be multiples, but we conceived naturally and multiples don't run in the family, so I doubt it.

:0)
Christina
SO nice to her im not the only one!!! im eight weeks today and i look like im 3-4 months along! i cant fit anything either. im very bloated i dont understand why. DH was thinking that maybe it was from the prog supp im on, maybe but its really riduclous. any info on those belly bands would be appreciated, lol.
my first preg. coudln't button my jeans at 2 1/2 mos.

so i guess i was showing.
i was very thin though.  105 lbs.
I got my belly band thing-a-ma-jig at motherhood.. You might be able to order it on line but I'm not sure.. there is another brand that you can order online for sure, and I believe it is call the bella band.  
Thanks! I'm ordering one tonight. I have to go on a biz trip this Friday and I'm dreading having to go buy maternity clothes because it is simply way too early. Bella Band, here I come.
I got my bella band at a maternity boutique, but I did see them at motherhood maternity, and they are very similar, and cheaper at motherhood.  It really helped me through so that I didn't have to go out and buy maternity clothes for late summer, since I'm going to be the biggest in winter.   Here's the link to the bella band that I bought, but like I said, if you have a motherhood maternity near you or a destination maternity, they should have them and they are cheaper.

http://www.ingridandisabel.com/
my previous message was supposed to be to you too!!
thanks all!

i do have a motherhood near me so im there this weekend.
thanks all!

I started showing early on because of bloating.  I'm 17 wks now and I think that it's more baby showing now.  My bloating has gone away.  I'm in maternity pants, but mostly wear babydoll shirts and stuff.
10wks5days (twins)

this is my 4th preg. and i'm having twins.  i think w/ each one it just gets worse...lucky us!  first one for me i didn't show until 5 months and the others were about 4 months.  i am already huge and wearing maternity clothes although i've only gained about 4 pounds its just my belly and my butt got it all apparently!  I think the number of pregnancies and age plays a big part.  I'm freaking out about stretch marks this go round.  I have never had them but all the baby shows i see on tv w/ twins or multiples their bellies look scary (REALLY scary!!!)...silly i know but i really worry about that!!

good luck!
I am, 6 1/2 weeks pregnant with my second child and feel like I am already showing. My work uniform is getting extremely tight and I have, what looks like a massive beer gut. I look more like I am 5 months pregnant. I get embarrassed  when people ask how far along I am, because I'm still really early and feel like a freak to be showing this early. Reading some of the comments have made me feel heaps better... :)
Same here I am 14w and I look like I could be 5 months, this is also my 4th preg, and I am so excited and want time to pass fast. I bought my belly band at motherhood for 20 then I saw it at Target for 15, I plan on getting another one they are the best.

Good luck to everyone!