Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
am I crazy or what???

A community of expecting mothers (35+ Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

am I crazy or what???

Just wondering what everyone's input is here...my baby has been breech the whole time and now at 36 weeks I need to make a decision.  My dh wants to try the external version to turn her while I'd prefer just to schedule the c-section.  The doc says the versions are 50% successful in first time moms because the muscles are still very tight.  It is  hopeful in that the baby is not engaged yet but she is facing my back which is not as favorable - they will have to back her up and then try to make her do a forward roll.  Even the doc said it is quite painful to do the version.  
I scheduled the version for monday on account of my dh but I'm not sure if I am just crazy or what.  Most people I talk to would way rather have the c-section (including myself).  Just wondering what everyone thinks of this.  I am starting to freak about it!!
You are not crazy, you should do what you want to do.  If it was me, and the version is painful, and is only 50% successful, I would go for the c-section (although I'm biased because I've had two already that were positive expieriences for me).  As much as I love my hubby and value his advice I would not do any kind of obstetric procedure just because he wanted me to (and he is a real peach btw).  It is your body after all, if you try the version, you may still need to do the c-sec...why put yourself through that?
I love my hubby and value his opinion as well, but, when he's pregnant for 40 weeks he can have the say also! I have had a positive c-section experience also, so, that would be my choice. I would also be scared for the baby to get all wrapped up in the cord, ugh, it would just scare me.
Of course, I think you should do what you are most comfortable with but if you are asking for opinions.. I'll chime in :)

Granted this is my first pg so I can't speak from my own experience so take it for what it is worth.. not much :)  

When I was much younger my roommate was pg and delivered by c section.  Her recovery was long and in the beginning she couldn't do much on her own for the baby. Luckily her mother was there 24/7. Based on what I saw her go through, I would try my best to avoid a c section.  

I don't think either way is wrong.  Just whatever you decided.  Take care.. and good luck either way.

Lisa...just wondering what you have decided to do....With my narrow pelvic arch I was ready to do what ever I needed and had started to accept the possibility of a c section.  Have you talked to DH?
Isabell will be perfect no matter how she enters the world....I have seen on tv the external version and MAN  does it look painful....ugh but then again so does child birth LOL
((Sheila))+4d
My friend had the versioning and she did say it was horrible. And, because she had the versioning a couple of weeks before the due date, the baby flipped right back to breech before birth anyway.

mlb1234 . . . you should do what you feel is right and (sorry about this next comment) regardless of what hubby says. I agree with redeft, I love my husband and value his opinion, however if my instincts tell me something different than his opinion, I usually go with my mine.

I've had 2 c-sections and because they were not emergency, they both went fine. Extra rest afterwards will help your recovery. Do not try to be supermom or it will slow your healing. Good luck with whatever you finally decide to do.
Hi my first pergancy she was breach also but the doctor just pushed on my belly and in no time she was ready dto come out and everything went fine it does'nt hurt it just feels funny but everything went well.