Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
prenatal vitamins
About This Community:

A community of expecting mothers (35+ Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

prenatal vitamins

Does anyone else experience frequent urination during the evening, when raking their prenatal vitamins at night? I am seriously up every 2 hours, like clock work and I'm fine,  very rarely go more than usual, during the day. I'm not drinking before I go to bed, just taking my vitamins and 2 hours in to sleeping, the fun begins! Back and forth all night, full bladder,  2 hours apart.
I take the vitamins at night because I get queezy when i take them during the morning or afternoon. Any one else experiencing the same?
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Taking*    auto text correct is horrible
Blank
803938_tn?1403751853
Not really, I always get up at least once in the middle of the night, sometimes 2 or 3 times, no matter what time I take my vitamins.

Maybe you should change brand?
Blank
2026302_tn?1334734662
I get this also but never thought it could be the vitamins...what brand do u take
Blank
I actually have to take the gummie like ones. There called Vitamix prenatal. I can't stomach pill like ones because I have something called gastroparesis, which means my stomach emptying muscles are paralyzed. So i have to take chewables, so they disolve easily. I am up like clock work,  every 2 hrs no matter what time I go to sleep. What is so weird is that, I have normal bathroom visits during the day, once every 5 or 6 hrs or so.
Blank
365429_tn?1390256909
i get queezy with mine and do pee a bit more. helps to take them with food.....
Blank
It's because many vitamins are water soluable, which means they flush thru your system fairly quick. I've been a manager for a vitamin store for 10 yrs and I don't recommend taking vitamins b4 bed for this reason..plus vitamins can give you energy and b4 bed can also keep you up! I understand abt being nauseous with them tho! My last three babies I've had the same problem too! After my first trimester was over I was able to take them during the day. And always with a meal!! That can help with the nauseousness too hun!! =)
Blank
OK so i took the vitamins in the morning, for the passed three days... no change.  Up all night,  back and forth to the bathroom. No bladder or kidney pain,  just a full bladder, every 2 hrs from 1030 pm to 6 am. Gosh I miss sleep!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Top Pregnancy Answerers
Blank
Patriciaaa02
Blank
ashrefra
Blank
jesshat
Blank
Ceri111