Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
7 weeks pregnant and bleeding/spotting

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

7 weeks pregnant and bleeding/spotting

7 weeks pregnant and spotting/bleeding.
by Junior1986, 1 minute ago
I am 7 weeks pregnant, been spotting for 3 days. It started with brown discharge but now has turned to light bleeding, it goes back and forth from brown to reddish. What is going on with me??? I have been examined by doc other day and he said at that point there was no opening so was ok. But since then it has gotten slightly more and reddish, not enough for a pad tho. I am so depressed from this and cry all the time. Can anyone reassure me in a direction that I understand? I need to talk to ppl who have been through what I am currently going through :-( help me.
I had bleeding on and off (some red, mostly brown) for a few weeks in first trimester. It was very scary. I had a dew early scans (particularly after I passed quite a bit if blood). Thank goodness all was fine and now have a gorgeous 11 month old.

I always called my dr to get advice. I also needed injections due to my blood type (very unlikely that would be you). At one point dr advised I slow down but that was it.

Good luck! Understand your scared but try not to panic too much, keep calling/seeing your dr.
Thank you for the reassurance. :)
I had bleeding for a couple days in my first trimester during my second pregnancy(I had a beautiful boy who is now 13m). I thought I was having a miscarriage.  I called my doc and I was told to come in to have an internal exam.  The doc made me listen to the heartbeat but he cautioned me that I he may not be able to get a heartbeat so early in the pregnancy.  He did not want to disappoint me if one wasn't heard.  Anyhow, I heard a heartbeat and i was happy.  He scheduled me for a ultrasound as well to make sure everything was ok.  

Sometimes doctors will do an internal exam and this may cause bleeding or the implantation of the egg may cause bleeding as well.  Try to relax.  I know how you feel.  If in doubt call your doc.  It never hurts to give the doc a call.  That is what they are there for.

If you feel strong cramps, call your doc or go to the hospital
Good Luck to you!

Thanks for this news. I went and got an ultrasound today and the baby seems fine with a 150bpm and I heard the heart beat. Only problem is now I think the u/s has made me bleed slightly heavier... But hope it's ok
I had bleeding/spotting everytime I was due on for the 1st 5 months of my pregnancy. I'm now 6 months pregnant. Just take it easy and good luck.
Des92 my hospital has put me off.... Comment
15 mins ago
krichar commented on photo
47 mins ago
Belle313 commented on photo
1 hr ago
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy