Back, Hip and Thigh Ache (16 weeks preg)
Sunday I started getting a lower back ache. It carried over to Monday but got much worse and started to radiate down to my hips and then last night I had the most difficult time sleeping because it was going down to my thighs. The best way and only way to describe it is like those growing pains that I would get when I was younger.
Any ways to alleviate these pains? Should I be worried or is it normal?
Hey Heather. I wouldn't worry too much because these pains are completely normal (especially with your first pregnancy). Your body is contorting into a shape it has never been in before due to that growing baby. The first pregnancy was the worst for me... I was sore all of the time, tired and my legs and back hurt like crazy! Thank goodness that with each pregnancy your body is kinda of ready and it doesn't hurt as much =) They are definitely growing pains and it is kinda like you are being forced to grow because your baby is growing =)
Thanks Nickie...for the first time I took some Tylenol and have spent a good couple hours just relaxing and I do actually feel a lot better. I think I may just take a warm bath before bedtime tonight.
That would probably be a good idea... Tylenol doesn't touch my pains but warm baths seem to help a ton! Relaxing is definitely a good way to go when you are not feeling well in any terms =)
have you tried epsom salts in a warm bath? I don't know the recommended concentration, but they're a friggin' miracle substance in my opinion, and I know that some OBs use epsom tonics to treat pre-eclampsia so I'm fairly sure that a soak would be safe as well...but I would ask the pharmacist when you go to buy them. But definitely give it a try because they're amazing for aches like that...better than painkillers.